Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know somewhere to do cheap body work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

A lot of guys will say it's easier and cheaper to replace the panel. Damage like the first picture takes time to be made look good.
    Factor in respraying and you'd almost be better off giving it a go yourself if you're confident enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd just touch in any bare metal so it doesn't rust and leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

a garage quoted me between 900 and 1200 for panel and respray, completely excessive for a fairly old car, so I'm just lookin for someone to hammer it out and touch up the paint. I don't know much about it but thought it'd be farily easy for someone in the know with the right gear etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'm spending 1000 or so to touch up my 15 year old car, so I dont see why you shouldnt if you love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm spending 1000 or so to touch up my 15 year old car, so I dont see why you shouldnt if you love it :D

I don't think he loves his car as much as you do yours ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Takes some lovin to love a Honda Civic EG3 as much as I do :P

Advertisement