Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maltese Puppies

Options
  • 17-08-2009 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Heya :3

I'm just dropping by to ask if anyone knows of anywhere in Ireland / N.Ireland that it'd be possible to get a maltese puppy. My mum and sister have pretty much fallen for them and are... quite desperately seeking one, preferably female. They've even started stocking up for it with toys, collars and bedding, but have yet to find anywhere selling.

If anyone has any pointers or suggestions, we would be greatly appreciative.

Cheers :3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Have you checked with the IKC? And have you checked sites / rung around your local shelters?

also have they researched the breed and do they know what entails taking on a puppy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Scutter21

Yeah they've been checking a few of the larger sites and gotten a few of those 'Ads for free' papers over the last few weeks looking specifically for this breed, but pretty much failing to come up with anything. They've found a male being sold in newry, but are holding out for a female. I don't think they're in too much of a hurry, but with all this new stuff, everyones getting a little psyched about it heh.
    But really, I decided to ask here incase anyone was aware of any specific breeders or relatively smaller websites that would have a maltese for sale.

I took a look at the IKC website, maybe it's just me, but I couldn't see anything relevant? Seemed to be a way to register / chip your own dog. Now I seen the 'sell your dog' link, but I couldn't see anything about dogs actually being sold. :/

Yeah, the puppy would be going to a good home, my parents and I have all had our own dogs at some point and it's now my sisters turn, so she's been reading up and making plenty of notes on taking care of puppies, as well as looking after my own dog when I was off at university there, so things are pretty much set, just missing the actual dog now :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yeah you might be a while looking, took me a good few months to find my first and second Lhasa. They were more common up north/in England.

Sorry I should have specified - if you contact the IKC they might be able to give you details of registered Maltease breeders.

Aye, I suggested that last night. They were saying there were a few locations in England selling, but it'd be dangerous flying with the puppy since it's so young, I suggested a boat, so I guess theres always that option if needed.

Cheers, I sent them a little email last night asking if they knew any maltese breeders *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi, my mam got two maltese, one from cork (female non reg) and male from limerick (reg). so let me know if they want reg/non reg and I will get the number. I would suggest going with the reg, cooper was only €50 extra and you have a better chance of getting a better bred pup. coco was fine no health problems but I prefer registered at least that way it less likely to be a puppy farmer.

anyway PM me and I will pass on the number.

• Advertisement

Cheers Tilly, sent you a wee message there, it ain't coming up on my sent items though, but I'm not gonna spam you just incase :P

I got it! I just txt my mam so will let you know when she gets back to me!

I hope she has the reg number, I know she has the non reg number but I'm not really comfortable passing on the non reg number, he is def a puppy farmer and I dont think he is treating him bitches very well as he seems to be breeding them every time they go into heat but I suppose that is your choice! He rings my mam every 2 months or so saying he has more puppies and asking if she wants anymore.

I will let u know what she comes back with :)

Thank you, t'would be good to at least hold onto the registered's number for the future if they've not got any atm. It's not really my call on what they're going to do with the whole reg / non-reg option, I'm just trying to research and grab options for them to discuss, but can definitely say theres no problem with paying that little bit extra for a healthy pup.
    :3

Just had a word and they're not interested in getting a non-registered puppy ^^

ok cool I just sent u a PM there with the number...gud luck let me know how u get on! sorry about the delay was off work sick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JuncoPartner

Hey,

We are looking for a maltese puppy too - could you pass along that phone number!?

Thanks so much for your help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement