Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Studies?

• 17-08-2009 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Any one else here doing a course in Social Studies? If so where you going to do it? I didn't get my first choice so Im going to be doing a PLC course In the Liberties!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Are you going to be doing Liberal Arts,
    When did you sign up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭discostick12

GVNDNN wrote: »
    Are you going to be doing Liberal Arts,
    When did you sign up?
    I got accepted to the Liberal Arts in April ( its not the Trinity One), but when I went up she told me that the course was mainly only for people that want to go on and do degrees in History or English so I transfered to the Apllied Social Studies

How about you?

Oh really,
    Well i wanted to do neither, i wanted it to go on and do arts in Maynooth...
    Hmmm...i don't know, i haven't got any word from them

Oh really? Ya should ring up about it and ask them, have ya any back up plan if ya don't get it?

Not really, i was looking at rathmines, access to arts, but rathmines would be hard for me to get to everyday

• Advertisement

Ah noway thats a pity!! Well theres defo a place there since I transfered so ya should defo get in contact with them

When did you transfer?

I only transfered on Friday

Okay well i applied on Thursday and i sent an e-mail earlier on to ask have they recieved it?
    Did she say that by doing liberal arts , you would have to do english or history or more people do it, because i know a girl who used it to get into drama ?

Ya better of just ringing them up or go into them at least then ya get a straight answer and ya wont be waiting!!

No ya can go on and do quite a few subjects from it but the one I want to do it doesn't really fit well into so I just went to the Social Studies one

• Advertisement

What exactly did you want to do, you could have used it to go on and do Social Studies in UCD or Maynooth?

Yeah i can't really just drop in, i live in Kildare :pac:, if i don't get a reply tomorrow morning, i'll give a ring

Haha yeah I suppose but the way she explained it was that I get bored with the other subjects and end up dropping out! So I just said right!

Ah noway! That be a hike for you!.... Well I wish ya the best! Make sure ya post and let me know if ya get it!

I will do (:

You wouldn't know how i apply for Rathmines would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Anatomy Jane 3

Does anyone have any ideas how to go teaching with a fetac level 5 social studies? I want to do teaching and wondered what routes there are?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Does anyone have any ideas how to go teaching with a fetac level 5 social studies? I want to do teaching and wondered what routes there are?

You need a primary degree (that is recognised by the Teaching Council) in the subject you want to teach, followed by a teaching qualification.

Advertisement