Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has any one been at Eddie Rockets yet?

• 17-08-2009 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Passing it the other day, doesn't seem a great location off the Clare RD roundabout. It is too far out of town and with the bypass it would loose out on passing traffic. The only thing for it is free parking.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

yeah, fecking huge, biggest one i've been in. food and decor are standard eddir rockets. i'm delighted 'cos i used to drive to shannon and limerick for double take burgers, they're so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Where is Eddie Rockets ? Didn't know we have one in Clare...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

its opposite flannans college there, in where the lemon grass thai used to be
    ya its feckin massive
    got the smokestack burger and chilli cheese fries the other day and large coke, 15E supposed you expect it be dear enough, but it was quality i must say, burger one of the best ive ever had

service was poor tho, we were waiting a while to be served, and we saw a table leave as they had been waiting too long to get served by the looks of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I was driving by the other day and it looked mobbed.

I can't bring myself to eat there yet because I'm still mourning The Long Dock. Is the other branch in Carrigaholt still open? I'd actually go out of my way it was that good. Cheap too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Do they do deliveries? If not we will have to get Fast Danny to do a run :)

• Advertisement

lol fast dan...worthy of a thread

BOBBY wrote: »
    lol fast dan...worthy of a thread
    He is the only person to get away with speeding in town, he delivers to the cop shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Went in on Friday, on the door it said "no cards accepted" ...yet. Went in and asked for could we get take away, yer one said "were no setup for that yet". Sat down placed was packed, didn't like it, had to get outta there.It must be the food, I dont know how the cheesy 50s American style keeps customers sitting inside. And it must drive the staff crazy having to listen to the same Chubby Checker and The Trashmen soundstack over and over again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

What a seriously smart place to position it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

yourmano wrote: »
    What a seriously smart place to position it!

Across from a school? Very smart indeed, but it will fleece the students rightly, the prices are unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Enigma'

Was in there Sat evening, place is huge. Food good, but waaaay overpriced. Nearly €6.95 for a regular burger, the "classic" or whatever they call it. Fudge brownie was delicious.

Would go back again, probably only because I live nearby though.

And yes, the dukeboxes DO work :D

Enigma' wrote: »
    And yes, the dukeboxes DO work :D
    These are not exactly old, modern electronic internals purpose built for these food chains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Ill prob go there now when i head back to school. If its a rip-off then, meh.
    God, i miss the longdock :(..

Ill prob go there now when i head back to school. If its a rip-off then, meh.
    God, i miss the longdock :(..
    When I was at school my pocket money wouldn't have covered the equivilant price of their burgers. we only had sandwiches and milk, If we were good we would have chips on Fridays. :p

When I was at school my pocket money wouldn't have covered the equivilant price of their burgers. we only had sandwiches and milk, If we were good we would have chips on Fridays. :p

LOL! Ah sure, once a week wouldnt kill me. How much is it for a burger in there?
    I might just live off their kit kat dreams so mmmm.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

Eddie Rockets in Shannon had a special offer poster up inside and outside for a long time advertising burger, regular fries and regular fizzy drink for around Euro 9.90. On last visit, about 2 moths ago, I noticed the poster was only outside but still applied, though of course the staff wouldn't mention it to you. It made it a good deal for a family. Wonder if the new Ennis branch has any similar offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

Anyone know if they'll honour the BOGOF vouchers you get with your till receipts from Dunnes/Tescos? Mine are still in date anyway.

Doubt they'll honour them until they actually say Ennis branch on them which is only a matter of time, Ennis Dunnes were valid for Shannon, Cooney Cross Limerick and O'Connell street. 2 double takes for 8 snots is a good deal alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

Their prices are ridiculous for fast food, when you can get a decent meal up town for the same price

Hawk Wing wrote: »
    Their prices are ridiculous for fast food, when you can get a decent meal up town for the same price
    agreed, but ppl are suckers for a brand, i went just to try it, it was fine...but ill be staying loyal to the sherwood !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭_Arctic_

Across from a school? Very smart indeed, but it will fleece the students rightly, the prices are unreal!

I go to that school, and I doubt many students will go to Eddie Rockets. They wouldn't have the money (most of them anyway). If the restaurant starts up a cheap lunchtime deal, they'd do well though. The novelty will wear off quickly with prices like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

The milkshakes are decent though! But again, fairly expensive for what you get

BOBBY wrote: »
    agreed, but ppl are suckers for a brand, i went just to try it, it was fine...but ill be staying loyal to the sherwood !!

lolz, can't beat the sherwood on quality and price. though i couldn't be eating it all week

_Arctic_ wrote: »
    I go to that school, and I doubt many students will go to Eddie Rockets. They wouldn't have the money (most of them anyway). If the restaurant starts up a cheap lunchtime deal, they'd do well though. The novelty will wear off quickly with prices like that.

you go to flannans too? Go us :D..

Its flippin packed in there all the time. It will prob calm down after a month or two though. Mcdonalds kinda did....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hawk Wing wrote: »
    100% agree. Prices are a scandal but people still go them.
    One of my mates ended up in the one in Limerick about 8 years ago after a night on the beer, he had never been in one before and wasnt too impressed (to say the least) with the prices when he got the bill. He put a nickname on them that all the group of lads still use for the places till this day and never set foot in one again. Your probably had to be there to see the funny side. I wont mention the name as it isnt too PC.
    One the plus side, there was one in Dublin near enough Whelans which used to serve bottled beer well after closing time in pubs. Not sure if all of them do that or if they even still do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

OMG I love love love eddie rockets and we live just around the corner from them...have already promised myself a visit tomorrow!!!
    They are definitely more expensive than other burger joints so unless they come up with a 'school menu' i can't see them picking up too much business from the kids - mind you with childhood obesity on the rise it may not be a bad thing if they can't afford it!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Paying €8-€9 for a hotdog seems a bit silly to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭_Arctic_

you go to flannans too? Go us :D..

I'm not sure if that's something we should be celebrating:P

_Arctic_ wrote: »
    I'm not sure if that's something we should be celebrating:P

aw really? Sure, i think its gr8 craic sometimes :P.. But when i leave, i wont be all up in a tizzy either like..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

The protions are HUGE there so you would want to be really hungry!
    It's expensive but isn't every Eddie rockets!:rolleyes:
    My uncle went there said they came out with a huge burgar on a saucer! hehe!:D
    The onions were massive as well.
    I went to one in Limerick and I can tell you I wasn't mad to go back!:P

Advertisement