Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has any one been at Eddie Rockets yet?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Went there on Friday service was a bit slow...! Think we hit at breaktime for the staff. Food was excellent but pricey! Got two Fries with Cheese & Bacon, 3 Drinks, Chicken Burger, M50 Burger and Chicken tenders. Came to €42.

I wasn't offered a kiddies menu but my young lad told me they have one and the waitress confirmed after we orderd. Not sure what the prices are like for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 avenged7fold

_Arctic_ wrote: »
    I'm not sure if that's something we should be celebrating:P

I went there 25 years ago & it sucked back then (unless u were into the hurling). Hope it's improved for you guys & gals (no girls in my day, mores the pity) since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

First time I went into one, I nearly s*at myself when I saw the prices. Nice burgers ,but at those prices it will be a very rare treat. I don't think that any self respecting student will grace the place, when that money could well be used for something better, like alcohol. Interesting to see if it lasts. What has happened to Ennis, first McD's and now eddie rockets ,whats next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

What has happened to Ennis, first McD's and now eddie rockets ,whats next?

Burger King? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

dont start me on eddy rockets.
    myself , the missus and 2 kids went to the one in liffey valley.
    ( queuing for any restaurant is sad IMHO never mind a chipper )
    we unfortunately had to queue.
    Eddy Rockets do nice burgers. their fries are sh£te and at €3.50 for them without any of their sauces.... come on & €3.50 for a big glass of coke.

overall its a total RIP OFF. €45 for us. we only had burgers , plain chips and some drinks.

maybe ireland in the 80's got excited about a chipper that had some interior design concepts straight from grease but lads wake up. its 2009.
    their concept is 10 years out of date at least and you could eat in a decent restaurant for lunch for their prices.

Great for a first date maybe but thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dmullins3

didnt no there even was an eddie rocket's in clare? when did it open? how long has it been there? ive been to one in galway loads of times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭MickH503

He put a nickname on them that all the group of lads still use for the places till this day
    One of my friends calls it Empty Pockets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

dmullins3 wrote: »
    didnt no there even was an eddie rocket's in clare? when did it open? how long has it been there? ive been to one in galway loads of times

There's been one in Shannon for years !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Shoes&Frocks

MickH503 wrote: »
    One of my friends calls it Empty Pockets!

I've been calling it Empty Pockets for 12 years. The prices are absolutely scandalous for what you get.

Can't fault the chocolate or Orio Malts though!!!! mmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I've been calling it Empty Pockets for 12 years. The prices are absolutely scandalous for what you get.

Can't fault the chocolate or Orio Malts though!!!! mmmmmmmmm

do they still do the kit kat dreams in the ennis one? Oh god, they're feckin' fab! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Went to good ole Flannans myself back in 1991 when at last they decided to let us poor girls in! My 2 sons are there now.

Those really were the days! Couldnt believe i was sitting in class beside real boys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

maiden wrote: »
    Those really were the days! Couldnt believe i was sitting in class beside real boys!!

Believe me, they were more excited than you were.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr Kamikazi

My once a month treat is Eddie Rockets with the GF.
    2 burgers (BOGOF voucher), fries, milkshake, I'm usually so stuffed can hardly walk. Get a coffee and get about 25 refills (free), that evens it out a bit.:D
    Couldn't afford it every day, but to be fair their burgers aren't just any old burgers.
    You could hardly compare the styrofoam filled with bits of dead animal and brown lettuce you get at other burger joints and american chains with that.
    And the milkshakes are made with actual milk! Not just a powder and add water that everyone else gives you.
    That or the Mogul Emperor.
    But still one thing missing:
    You cannot get a decent kebab in Ennis for love nor money.
    What you do get in any Irish for fake genuine kebab place can only be described as shredded tires and shoes with cabbage and ketchup inna bun.
    Yearch!
    But you can't beat Enzo's in Parnell Street for chips.
    Why do they actually give you a choice between proper homemade chips and frozen crap?
    "Would you like our genuine chips or frozen sh1t?"
    "Mmmh, lemme think, tricky one that, what where the options again?"

Advertisement