Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distasteful behaviour

Options
  • 17-08-2009 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

As the Lisbon treaty draws closer, the bias on the European Union section is becoming too blatent.

There is not a single Anti Lisbon mod on the forum, hardly in the interest of balance.

Scofflaw is definatly Pro Lisbon II but remains courteous and professional.

However, Oscar Bravo's increasingly aggresive tone and his thanking people who abuse other posters is something I find distasteful.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055615489&page=81

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Zuiderzee wrote: »
    There is not a single Anti Lisbon mod on the forum, hardly in the interest of balance.
    How do you know I'm not rabidly anti-Lisbon?

As an aside though, when adding moderators to any given forum, including Politics, considering whether they're pro- or anti- a particular treaty isn't all that high on the list of consideration priorities.

I am rabidly anti-idiocy, anti-stupidity and anti-a number of other things. My views on Lisbon, whatever they are, don't affect my moderation of the forum in any way. That's also easy to see in regard to any post I've ever made on the middle east and there are sufficient other examples that will run up your arm and down your inner leg. I am very anti-idiocy though. That will become more apparent as October 5 draws closer and a growing number of people become more idiotic.

If you've a problem with any post I'd like you to click the report post button like everyone else in the forum does. That's the first point of complaint about any post. I directly get all posts reported in the Politics forum and they're available in a place for all of the other admins to examine, which adds oversight. That also has the advantage of linking to a specific post as opposed to a page that may be different for you or me or anyone else depending on how many posts per page any of us have set to display at once. Little warning triangle at the bottom of each post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

Quote on bias concerns from EU section of forum

I will ban anyone accusing moderators of bias in threads in this forum.

Anyone wishing to make a complaint about bias in this forum may do so here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=30. If you can clearly prove that a moderator is biased on here there believe me the admins will do something about it.

Doing it in a thread in this forum will get you banned. Please don't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

That's cool. Did you bother reading my post before making another one? Go back and re-read my post before making another one. Please pay particular attention to the contents of paragraphs 1 through 4. One of them includes a question, another includes a request. You've ignored both.

Advertisement