Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tolltag.ie Problem - Charged Twice

Options
  • 17-08-2009 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

Hello

About a month ago I passed through the East Link toll bridge. I have a tolltag.ie pass so didn't need to use coins. Anyhow was billed twice for the toll (on my account the transaction times are a few seconds apart)

I sent them an e-mail and got an automated reply that I would be contacted 'shortly'. a week later there was no response. I rang the customer service number on the website and was told that the query was logged and would be sorted. Now approx 2 weeks after this phone call there is still no reply and the double charge is still on my account.

Now I know its not a large sum of money, just the principle (to say nothing of the incompetence or the poor customer service). I have tried e-mailing again and if I get no joy I will close my account

Has anyone else encountered problems like this and will they refund the balance I have remaining on my account if I close it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Its not a lot of money but they would still go as far as to take you to court if the role's where reversed so i think you should keep pushing them.

Companies make an awfull lot from people that just give up. I would ring again and tell them you want it sorted while you are on the phone that 3 weeks is an acceptable time frame to give them to fix this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Its not a lot of money but they would still go as far as to take you to court if the role's where reversed so i think you should keep pushing them.

Companies make an awfull lot from people that just give up. I would ring again and tell them you want it sorted while you are on the phone that 3 weeks is an acceptable time frame to give them to fix this.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Finally got refunded after 3 e-mails and 2 phone calls.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 philiph

Hi,

its a little difficult for me to tell without knowing who the Colonel is. I can have a look at this if you send me a mail to support@parkmagic.net and mark it for my attention - it will be forwarded to me.

I apologise if you didn't get a response, I will chase it up if you mail me and see why but for this particular type of query it is unfortunately a slow process to resolve and the agent should have told you that.

Without knowing the specifics, when ANY toll road sends a charge to a tag we are obliged to pay it. rather like a bank, we get demands that are validly electronically signed and we must honour them. If they are later disputed, then we raise it with the road in question. The road must then respond. The speed of this response varies. As soon as we get the response then we either recredit the tag or contact the customer with whatever information has been supplied to us.

I hope the above helps, I'm neither defending or dissing the system, but as you can understand, when something is disputed we have to follow the trail all the way back. It is unfortunately, not something that can be closed in a single call. That said, I would like to follow this up and would appreciate if you contact me, while not infallible we do spend a lot of time and effort trying to ensure we give a good customer care service and events like this will help us to improve.

/P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've had similar problems with a video account with eflow where I've made a trip up and down on the same day, and on my account the next day there was only one charge showing. Then a few days later the missing charge shows up, but for varying amounts other than the €2.50 it should be. I'm guessing it's down to whoever is manually reading the mis-scans thinking my car (an MPV) is a van or small truck!

Anyway what I was going to say was that when I've rang up about it, and they've initiated a review, it does seem to take forever to correct itself (several weeks) but it always works out OK in the end. Just give it time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

all these companies(tolltag, eflow etc) should operate giving the roads companies 10 working days to respond to disputed payments or the customer should be immediately refunded and the roads company take the hit as they are just too innefficient to operate at a reasonable speed!

Advertisement