Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to apply eyeliner?

• 17-08-2009 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain/tell me an easy way to apply eyeliner? Bother pencil and liquid.

I have this in Black and this in the "Jewel" color.

Thing is, I wear glasses and am totally blind without them (unless I'm wearing contacts obviously!).

I've tried so many times and the black pencil seems to go UNDER my bottom eyelid rather than on the "edge" of the/on the eyelid. Is this normal? And it smudges. I read somewhere on the net ages that the "thin" eye-pencils are better for those starting off using liner as it's better rather than the "fat" pencils?

And the liquid liner, gets all overs my eyelashes and sometimes on my eyeball (argh!:mad:) and I'll wipe it off (obviously!), but it won't come of my eyelashes until the next day even if I use water.:mad: Also, I can never quite get it straight, it always goes crooked on me.:o:mad:

Any tips?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I use the powder and eyeliner brush so much easier! Start outside in. The MAC brush is fabulous!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I wouldn't be a big fan of pencil eye liner so can't really advise you on that front but as for applying liquid eye liner, I say pull your eye lid taunt and then apply your eye liner in small, short strokes as it's easier than trying to do one line in one go! If it's getting stuck in your eye lashes, try an oil based eye make up remover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Brilliant, thanks for your help/tips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

For the No.7 liner, start looking down into a mirror. Make the outside of your eye be the thickest and work inwards in tiny strokes (like joining the dots) at the end go over the liner with an eyeshadow the same colour to even it out and darken.

As for the Barry M pencil, try place it directly onto your lower lashes...these pencils are intended to smudge. If you don't like the smudgey effect try Dior Waterproof eye pencil of a gel liner like bobbi brown/mac.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 g1rl

I use the gel eyeliner by mac that beauty101's talking about.
    I can not for the life of me apply liquid eyeliner and i always feel using the pencil is damaging the skin around my eyes, so in my opinion, if you have the money to spend, get the gel as it's pretty easy to use - if i can do it, anyone can - and it stay's put for aaaaages :]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I agree that powder and a slanted brush are the best way to start particularly if you do not want a very strong look.

As long as your pencil is well topped it not really important whether you use a fat or thin pencil imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

u sud go to you tube there is alot of tips on how to apply make up :)

Advertisement