Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anybody here ever accused of lag cheating or using a lag switch

• 17-08-2009 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

I was playing fifa 09 on xbox live today against some guy i think he was from england i cant remeember his GT but anyway he was speaking through the headset for the whole time we were playing but i had the tv turned down and couldnt hear what he was saying so half way through the second half i get a message from him saying hes reporting me to EA for game lagging i ignored it and continued to play as he did then the connection was lost and i got a voice message from him where he said he was reporting me and said he hoped i got terminal cancer and died(i know pretty rough) the thing is i only joined xbox live yesterday and was playing quantam of solace grand all day (my Gt is Eddied23 by the way in case any of you have played me) and i didnt know what lag cheating was until a google search later today nobody else commented on my connection being bad or me cheating on qos i had 3 bars of reception. i have 1mb eircom broadband and i thought it would be fast enough. in the end i reported him for inapropriate behaviour. i was wondering if anybody had a similar experience or heard of anything like this or if you have reported people for this kind of thing before i'd like to hear your responses on this. Thanks
    p.s sorry for long post

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Do one back and report him for abuse :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭madheaded

calex71 wrote: »
    Do one back and report him for abuse :D

can't haven't got the headset an typing takes forever and he's not worth the effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

you're probably better off playing with people you know on fifa, i don't play much online in fifa unless i know the person, people either quit or you come up against a team that has been edited. i think you can adjust your xbox live settings so you only get messages from friends same with voice chat, i wouldn't worry to much about getting messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Same here, games with people you know are the only way to go. FIFA online is plagued with cheats, sore losers etc.

You should try the FIFA & Pro Evo forum. There is always games and leagues being organized.

Mailrewop i'm not worrying about it believe me but thanks for the advice you and bluemachavel hav the right idea i'll head over to the fifa and pro evo forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

All I can say OP is welcome to the world of xbox live, as sad as that is. Like the other guys said, log on for some tournies etc or stick to playing with the lads on here or friends you know personally I guess. Never play sports games online but unfortunately you get toe-rags on most of the bigger titles. You'll get used to it after a while! Awful lot of dickheads out there, mostly across the water IMO.

asmodean i noticed that when i was playing moh:airborne some dick was hiding in a bush shooting everyone who ran by rele pissed me off so i just left the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

madheaded wrote: »
    asmodean i noticed that when i was playing moh:airborne some dick was hiding in a bush shooting everyone who ran by rele pissed me off so i just left the game
    thats called "camping", and its a different story entirely, not bannable or anything.. but so very very annoying.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    thats called "camping", and its a different story entirely, not bannable or anything.. but so very very annoying.

okay man thanks i'm pretty new to xbox live so i don't know all the names for things people do is that the same as waiting at a respawn point cos thats annoyin as hell aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've had that a few times while playing PES 6. Some people can't take losing so they just look for excuses.

• Advertisement

Tea_Bag wrote: »

okay man thanks i'm pretty new to xbox live so i don't know all the names for things people do i figured it wasn't banable because it didn't seem too bad just annoying. Is waitin at a respawn point camping aswel cos thats annoyin as hell aswel

I've had that a few times while playing PES 6. Some people can't take losing so they just look for excuses.

yea i was beating this guy he wasn't even a good player but had a 5 star rep an like 8 thousand gamerscore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

i'd actually consider my self as a camper it takes skill to get kills and not be seen
    more enjoyable getting 5 kills no deaths than getting 30 kills and 32 deaths
    runnin and gunnin spray and pray headless chickens ,

this could be because i'm 30 years of age and just to lazy to run around hoping for the best

thats just my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

i'd actually consider my self as a camper it takes skill to get kills and not be seen

this could be because i'm 30 years of age and just to lazy to run around hoping for the best

thats just my opinion

i don't camp myself, but i agree with ya. camping is a strategy in a game, just the same as running and gunning or selecting one weapon loadout over another. it's all about how someone approaches the game. if your an able enough player, you will be able to take out a camper pretty handy, especially with killcam. personally i just think it's more fun getting caught in the thick of things, instead of waiting for enemies to run into my sights. The worst players are those that know where the camper is, still cant kill him, then proceed to moan about it.(sorry for going off topic)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I happened upon the a cheat in a GTA4 multiplayer standard race. You know the screen for selecting your vehicle on the race? well the guy who had been selected as being able to modify the settings choose a truck race around the airport. Fair enough. Everyone pressed ready. Then you had the countdown to the start before race loads up. With about 1 second to go, he pressed not ready, and changed vehicle to motorbike. So straight away he had an unfair advantage.

I realise that you get a lot of spoliers in a GTA4 race, i.e. going wrong way around the track but that doesn't bother me. However pulling the above stunt to win did. I reported him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

can't haven't got the headset an typing takes forever and he's not worth the effort

You don't need the headset and you don't need to type anything, it's all automatic once you choose the correct options.

thats just my opinion

i don't mind campers that much i would do it if i was good enough it just gets annoying sometimes wen your running with an enemy in your sights and them get gunned down but hey each to their own i'm a more run and gun gamer aswel

Jip wrote: »
    You don't need the headset and you don't need to type anything, it's all automatic once you choose the correct options.

i picked up what calex7 was saying wrong i thought he meant leave an abusive message for him ha. No i reported him right after it then banned all communications from him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

xbox live = whinging babies.

There is also a lot of young kids on there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

thats just my opinion

Holy crap man you deserve a crown for your laziness! Too lazy to run around in a computer game, which requires all the effort of using your thumb to nudge the analogue stick! lol:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

If you are pissed off with FIFA online, pop over to the Pro Evo & FIFA forum and join our league.

The majority of people quit when they are losing or have editted their Liverpool team to have Rooney, Messi, Zlatan, Ribery. If they don't fall into either category, then they take out the last man or foul at every opportunity. None of that rubbish in our league.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    The thing that gets my goat is people cant tell the difference between camping and good tactics. Sitting at a spawn point and picking people off as they spawn in camping.

However a sniper hiding in a good spot is good tactics not camping. What do people expect a sniper to be doing? Standing in a open field taking pot shots? Its a snipers job to remain hidden.

exactly thats a skill not foul play i like to try and snipe people off sometimes (really badly:-D) i know where your coming from i was in my friends house and he was sniping people off from a rooftop the other players weren't able to cope and started to send abuse to him pure bullsh*t if you ask me. Y2j mufc can you put a link to that league please man can't seem to find it thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I got fierce abuse on evening for using a 50 cal and not actually sniping ! I was just having a laugh and running around using it like an assault rifle, no scoping everyone close up. I has having a ball but for some reason whingers were complaining that I shouldn't be using it like that, like WTF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

I got fierce abuse on evening for using a 50 cal and not actually sniping ! I was just having a laugh and running around using it like an assault rifle, no scoping everyone close up. I has having a ball but for some reason whingers were complaining that I shouldn't be using it like that, like WTF.
    Dont see anything wrong with that myself
    But what does drive me mental, is the modded controllers. People will have a 50cal, G3 or even the M16 and use them fully auto. The 50cal is like some kinda super cannon when its like that!

As for camping/sniping. They arnt the same. Camping is waiting in some random (normally hard to see spot) with something like a shotgun and just patiently wait for the off chance a guy will run past. Tbh dont really mind it in cod4, as the camping spots are obvious and if they do get me, they can except to be shot through the wall or a nice cooked grenade heading their way very shortly.
    Snipers should move after getting 1 or 2 kills, of course on most random games most of the time they dont need too. But if you play people are good they will have a grenade your way in no time, so you should keep moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Could it be a case that you haven't your xbox live ports open? Does Fifa also use Nat like Pro Ev?

No Idea... But that could be what was causing the lag, I can't stand it playing online, 9/10 you end up playing people with red light connections usually an indication of either a poor connection or someone with strict nat settings.

I abandon matches before they start when I come up against these folks...because it's totally unplayable and little enjoyment comes from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Lol you just got to ingore these,I play PGR4 with loads of people from the UK but you always get some(alot of the time,Young and stuipd 12-15 year olds[Who's voices aren't broken]) who will start shouting abuse at you,Calling you a cheater,and also the "your mum" jokes..

I find it funny,You're obviously doing better than them if they start insulting you :pac:

I don't see a problem with that either you can use the guns whatever way you want to whats next are they going to start whineing when you pick a spot and use the scope on it to pick them off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Brena

Wat is d pint of making d game if its gonna get ruined wit people lagging modding and glitching its pointless . microsoft and sony should ban dem straight away
    psn bReNO-4-LiFE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

okay man thanks i'm pretty new to xbox live so i don't know all the names for things people do i figured it wasn't banable because it didn't seem too bad just annoying. Is waitin at a respawn point camping aswel cos thats annoyin as hell aswel

Thats called Spawn camping and its pretty frowned upon, although some dicks still do it. Where as normal camping is pretty much agreed is a legitimate strategy(although incredibly annoying), spawn camping most people agree is really bad form and termed griefing which most people would leave bad feedback for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Once or twice, but it's not nearly half as bad as PC where i was banned off servers for 'cheating' and had people left right and centre accusing me. Fun at first really.

Advertisement