Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicine in N.U.I.G.

Options
  • 17-08-2009 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm going into 5th year this year and I would love to do Medicine in N.U.I.G. I'm a bit misty on a few things though, so I'd be grateful for yere help!

1. How many points do you need in the LC alone to have a good chance of doing Medicine there?

2. How do you calculate your points total(HPAT + LC results) for Medicine-is it like this: say you get 570 in the LC, and 150 in the HPAT, would you add the two together so ya get 720?

3. I have another question too, but I can't think of it at the moment:o....but I'll get back to ye with it!!!!;)

Thanks guys:) And congrats to everyone, whether ye got enough points or didnt, ye still did the toughest exams of your lives and ye should be proud!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055604717
    might be a good place to get some info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Sorry Mods if this is in the wrong place! I wasn't sure!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

Mayoegian wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm going into 5th year this year and I would love to do Medicine in N.U.I.G. I'm a bit misty on a few things though, so I'd be grateful for yere help!

1. How many points do you need in the LC alone to have a good chance of doing Medicine there?

2. How do you calculate your points total(HPAT + LC results) for Medicine-is it like this: say you get 570 in the LC, and 150 in the HPAT, would you add the two together so ya get 720?

3. I have another question too, but I can't think of it at the moment:o....but I'll get back to ye with it!!!!;)

Thanks guys:) And congrats to everyone, whether ye got enough points or didnt, ye still did the toughest exams of your lives and ye should be proud!:)

1. The "minimum" points requirement is 480. If you do freakishly well in the HPAT, it's possible that you might get a place (in theory anyways). But, being realistic, 99.9% of people will need AT LEAST 530 points to get in, and preferably a fair bit more to be certain of your first choice.

2. You add your LC points to your HPAT score, BUT if you score over 550 in the LC your points are adjusted. Every five points over 550 counts as one point for the purposes of entry to Medicine, eg. 600 points=560 for Med.

I got 600 points and 184 in the HPAT so a combined score of 744... Got my 1st choice, NUIG! Absolutely thrilled! :D

Good luck!!:D

Advertisement