Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM Alarm to 50131 Standard

Options
  • 17-08-2009 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

For any of you that need a GSM Alarm, just to let you know that WDS Security in Swords will install HKC GSM module (with O2 sim card), depending on what you have already, from €550. This is the best price quoted to me so far. Have looked at buying from Radionics (€370 + VAT) and self installing but will not have PSA cert. Have dealt with WDS before and they are 100% both in price and in service. I also believe that they do monitoring as well.

http://www.wdssecurity.ie/

Anyone beat that, so far.

I HAVE NO AFFILIATION TO THIS COMPANY, JUST WANT TO PASS ON A DEAL

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 gunshy

good homework....ill keep that info in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Gun Shy

The PSA cert is the thing to have alright, I know at least 2 guys on this forum are installers, but one of them is out of certification. Perhaps he can give advice though. Not sure about the other guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭zulu_dawn

i have used this company based in Kilkenny City they do country wide works

http://www.actec.ie/

(i have no relation with these guys, got good service)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭altor

Gun Shy wrote: »
    The PSA cert is the thing to have alright, I know at least 2 guys on this forum are installers, but one of them is out of certification. Perhaps he can give advice though. Not sure about the other guy.

The new standard EN50131-1:2006 came out this year so taking his advice might compromise someones security. Its best to only take advice from certified installers..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭altor

For any of you that need a GSM Alarm, just to let you know that WDS Security in Swords will install HKC GSM module (with O2 sim card), depending on what you have already, from €550. This is the best price quoted to me so far. Have looked at buying from Radionics (€370 + VAT) and self installing but will not have PSA cert. Have dealt with WDS before and they are 100% both in price and in service. I also believe that they do monitoring as well.

http://www.wdssecurity.ie/

Anyone beat that, so far.

I HAVE NO AFFILIATION TO THIS COMPANY, JUST WANT TO PASS ON A DEAL

The hkc gsm works best on the hkc, expensive but it gives you remote access of your alarm panel. You need a modem card installed too if you want it put through to a monitoring station. Costs about €80 plus vat..

For other alarms to self monitor i recommend the G-SMART from jandei. It costs about €260 plus vat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement