Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spare parking space near U.C.C?

Options
  • 17-08-2009 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi im going into final year in U.C.C and was just wondering would anyone in that area have a spare parking space for the college year? Someone might have an empty drive and maybe it could offer some security by it being there!! Im from West cork and would be willing to pay something or do a few jobs in return.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

would you consider using their park and ride service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Rebel6

Hey outkast...Well ill be living in across from college, I think that is for people who drive to college? Ill just be leaving it there during the week really, maybe the odd trip home etc. and home again friday evening!!

oh i get ya now from your post it sounds like your driving in .......
    Cant help ya so spaces are tight around that area alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Rebel6

Thanks...anyone else have any ideas?
    how long would it take to get a parking permit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I'm livin in the city centre, and when I'm not using my vehicle I park it in a housing estate not far from the city centre. It mightnt be the safest, but its better than paying the parking/or fines.

Heres a link to the parking permit site

http://www.corkcity.ie/ourservices/roadstransportation/roadsforms/residents_permit_application_form.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Rebel6 wrote: »
    Hi im going into final year in U.C.C and was just wondering would anyone in that area have a spare parking space for the college year? Someone might have an empty drive and maybe it could offer some security by it being there!! Im from West cork and would be willing to pay something or do a few jobs in return.
    Thanks in advance.

Whatever you do Rebel, don't go down the parking permit route. It is the greatest pain in the ar$e known to man. It is so so so much hassle, and not worth it, considering you'll probably have the change all the details/paperwork back to your home address again once you have finished college. I'll PM you with a good place to park.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

I'm livin in the city centre, and when I'm not using my vehicle I park it in a housing estate not far from the city centre. It mightnt be the safest, but its better than paying the parking/or fines.

I'm living in an estate where my friends have nowhere to park when they pop over for tea because of situations like that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

It's so unfair for residents having their homes turned into fortresses. Can't get in or out with all the senseless parking by students who do NOT need cars. If they are staying in Cork, then they can use public transport or walk, like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Kazbah wrote: »
    I'm living in an estate where my friends have nowhere to park when they pop over for tea because of situations like that :mad:

Well, its not a ramdom estate, Ive friends living there. And theres always loads of space.

seen a few cars clamped in the estates near college road last week so the clampers are gearing up for college too so beware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

So happy to be finished college :D

Parking was the bane on my life.

Get yourself a single hole puncher that is the same diameter of the date circles on the parking disk. Then punch out the date from a used ticket and prit stick it onto a used disk. I did that for about 2 years lol! Got caught one time cause I was hungover and put a 22 over a 2... After that I didn't wanna risk it no more.

Advertisement