Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking News: British Gov. releases x-files on UFO's

• 17-08-2009 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭

TOP SECRET - EYES ONLY!!!!!!!!!

Saw this on Sky News this morning. IF you go to their website you can download pdf's of everything (4000 pages in total). Has a look and some of it is really funny. In one letter (sent by a UFO organisation to an MP) they talk about an explicit and multiple sighting over Mexico, 'proof' that the Aliens want to be more visible and let us know they are here. The MP then puts a little note in the margin: "then why don't they just land at Heathrow?"

On a more serious note, there are pages and pages on the Belgian UFO incidents (c. 1990/89). I think the British Ministry of defense were annoyed because the Belgians had identified (and later acknowledged and described) an 'object' that could have reached the UK within minutes (based on velocities and capabilities recorded by Belgian radar, both on the ground and via the F-16's scrambled to investigate), but failed to alert their neighbours.

It really is something though to see all the letters back and forth.

So, what do people think... is the truth out there (queue x-files music...)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

That Neil Mc Kinnock story makes me wonder, he may be lying but I don't think he fits the profile of someone who will just make stuff up and the military have little to gain by making him lie other than misdirecting people who wouldn't get near to the truth anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I'd say the US has some very interesting top secret craft and propulsion techniques. Have a look at the technology used in the B2 stealth bomber wings for example. As well as the claim that it carries a hydrogen engine capable of flying outside of the atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Kernel wrote: »
    I'd say the US has some very interesting top secret craft and propulsion techniques. Have a look at the technology used in the B2 stealth bomber wings for example. As well as the claim that it carries a hydrogen engine capable of flying outside of the atmosphere.

There is nothing really special about the B2, its not the first aircraft to have that design, the US tested many flying wing designs as far back as WW2 from captured German technology. The B2 has the exact same wing span as the YB-49 flown in the 1950s.

Its a second generation stealth aircraft designed and built in the early 80s, cannot exceed Mach 1 never mind leave the atmosphere. There is no room in it for any sort of exotic hydrogen engines.

No doubt the US do have exotic aircraft that we may not know about. Look at the SR-71 and XB-70 built in the 60s, they were way ahead of their time. The people at Area 51 and Skunk Works are hardly sitting on their hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭worldrepublic

Yes, I see the point. But why would top secret US craft show up all over Belgium, at night, hover over towns for up to 36mins for teams of policemen on the ground to get a good look, then be spotted by multiple radar stations? The thing then darted away at extreme velocity once the F-16's started to close in. Was the US military showing off or teasing the Belgian airforce? Unlikely. Surely test-craft would be confined to remote and unpopulated areas, like the North Sea... or the desserts of America? It is not just the object itself, but the behaviour of the craft that has to be taken into consideration.

I really though the whole UFO thing was to be dismissed, until I read the British Ministry of Defense papers on the Belgian incidents. Totally unexpected. Were there other incidents like that, does anyone know?

Here's some info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_UFO_wave

http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
    (pdf's of files released this week under FOI)

Video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8285709939745631584

(turn the lights down for this one!):eek::cool::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Didnt they release these like a year ago along with france , germany , kazakstan and almost every other European country , the only one left to release the info is the united state's.

And the Mexican military released this video a few years ago aswell.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOQoy0-Mhgs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Didnt they release these like a year ago along with france , germany , kazakstan and almost every other European country , the only one left to release the info is the united state's.

Yeah, I thought the UK released all this ages ago, didn't they?

I kind of wish they'd release it periodically instead of all in one go. 4000 pages is a tad daunting. :D

There is nothing really special about the B2, its not the first aircraft to have that design, the US tested many flying wing designs as far back as WW2 from captured German technology. The B2 has the exact same wing span as the YB-49 flown in the 1950s.

There is something different about the B2 wing, it uses high currents of electricity along the edge of the wing to supercharge them, cutting through the atmosphere. Check out this thread: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread18532/pg1 I'd like watty's input on this too, as I'm not an electrical engineer or expert by any means.
    Its a second generation stealth aircraft designed and built in the early 80s, cannot exceed Mach 1 never mind leave the atmosphere. There is no room in it for any sort of exotic hydrogen engines.

Isn't the top speed of the B-2 classified? Check out Paul LaViolette on coast to coast talking about it: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2009/06/21

It's a free airing programme on radio, so I'm sure you can find a torrent of the show.

He also has a book on the subject, but I appreciate that he is a little 'far out' for many people. I haven't looked into his any of his claims, or read the book but the B-2 information he presented on coast to coast was interesting enough.

http://www.etheric.com/LaVioletteBooks/Book-Secrets.html
    No doubt the US do have exotic aircraft that we may not know about. Look at the SR-71 and XB-70 built in the 60s, they were way ahead of their time. The people at Area 51 and Skunk Works are hardly sitting on their hands.

Agreed. In some of the Nick Cook documentaries I posted (available on google video) he speaks with senior people from NASA and Skunkworks and they make some interesting comments about what they can do at this moment in time. They reckon we are far ahead of what people already think we can do.

humanji wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought the UK released all this ages ago, didn't they?

I kind of wish they'd release it periodically instead of all in one go. 4000 pages is a tad daunting. :D

Yea well i think they have been doing it periodically maybe its all out now i remember seeing some guy who was like in charge of the british x file's type thing on sky news talking about it. Seen him at a few exo politic's summet's talking about them aswell. Really cool stuff.

Been very interested since a few years ago me and two of my friends seen a big silver ball in the sky , was clear blue that day and we were all like wtf is that.
    thought it was a balloon or something at first then we seen it move and were like :eek:

Another thing that is realllllly interesting , In that video someone linked on google video's , around 50-54 minets in there are all these Norwegian people talking about a big triangle shaped ufo scanning the ground. It is the exact description that was in some irish paper a while back i think it was a td and some police man seen it aparently one of them recorded it on there camera phone but i havent seen the footage only read what was in the paper.:confused:

Yea well i think they have been doing it periodically maybe its all out now i remember seeing some guy who was like in charge of the british x file's type thing on sky news talking about it. Seen him at a few exo politic's summet's talking about them aswell. Really cool stuff.

Been very interested since a few years ago me and two of my friends seen a big silver ball in the sky , was clear blue that day and we were all like wtf is that.
    thought it was a balloon or something at first then we seen it move and were like :eek:

Another thing that is realllllly interesting , In that video someone linked on google video's , around 50-54 minets in there are all these Norwegian people talking about a big triangle shaped ufo scanning the ground. It is the exact description that was in some irish paper a while back i think it was a td and some police man seen it aparently one of them recorded it on there camera phone but i havent seen the footage only read what was in the paper.:confused:

I think the UFO thesis is often dismissed out on hand, and the focus is overwhelming on the tabloid or sensationalised and unreliable cases. However, the question is not are all UFO's extra-terrestrial, but, are SOME. I think the Belgian 1989/90 case is one of the strongest. The alternative is to believe that the UFO phenomenon is a mass -or global- hallucination, with comprehensive points of consistency. The testimony of military and other professional persons adds to the intrigue. But, if it is even construed (or debunked) in psychological terms (collective global hallucination) then it is still worthy of funding and investigation. Most people publicly write it off or ridicule anyone involved.... but in secret (and this is with respect to bona fida polls/demonstration of statistical significance) they believe "something" inexplicable is afoot. Even calling UFO's a religion would warrant research funding. Surely psychologists should investigate abduction cases (possible repressed childhood sexual abuse?) and receive funding to do so? Something other that repressive ridicule anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

i believe alot of ufo encounters are with top secret military aircraft or "black projects"

Video below is story about TR-3B.
    Supposed to be reverse engineered technology from other civilisations.

perhaps a better discussion about military aircraft in next video, including description of TR-3B and how it works.

apparently this TR-3B was designed in the 80's and first used in early 90's

check out the X-47A..you could easily mistake it as a "UFO" had you not seen it before.

x47_header.jpg

check out this video ;)

the kinds of technology being discussed/theorized to exist would revolutionize many aspects of our lives, and have a huge economic effect. It just seems implausible that these amazing technologies are relegated to some secret base, being brought out on occasion for test flights in remote areas etc. Plus, keeping that level of technology secret would entail a cover-up of very unlikely proportions.

We'll hardly get answers in our lifetimes.

Horatio:
    O day and night, but this is wondrous strange!
    Hamlet:
    And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-Hamlet Act 1, scene 5...

well Jimmy Carter claims to have personally witnessed a UFO. Upon taking office he instructed the intelligence community to hand over all and any data concerning UFO's/ET's, but the then CIA Director (George Bush Snr.) denied the instruction or rather diverted it to the Congressional Research Committee... and so on. The files were not handed over to Carter, obviously. Clinton is meant to have made some inquiries... but he was similarly diverted. Bush Jnr. was too busy figuring out how to tie his shoe laces and find Bin Laden to bother with the aliens!

Another unlikely potential source is the Vatican Archives -but they are completely locked to any form of inquiry, or outside jurisdiction, being that the Vatican is an independent state.

It's foolish to think that the public are privy to everything though -I am sure there are secrets, but they are not for our lifetimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

the kinds of technology being discussed/theorized to exist would revolutionize many aspects of our lives, and have a huge economic effect. It just seems implausible that these amazing technologies are relegated to some secret base, being brought out on occasion for test flights in remote areas etc. Plus, keeping that level of technology secret would entail a cover-up of very unlikely proportions.

We'll hardly get answers in our lifetimes.

Horatio:
    O day and night, but this is wondrous strange!
    Hamlet:
    And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-Hamlet Act 1, scene 5...

You know the tech for a "ufo" is kinda already known what i read anyway was about creating a gravitational bubble around something so it act's kinda like when you have two magnets and one push's away from the other, well thats how i think of it from what i read cause i am no physicist. I seen some where bowing were trying to get permission to make a kind of "gravity propulsion bubble" aircraft in the state's but werent allowed for some reason.

I seen some guy called bob lazar on youtube before talking about he claims to have worked in a place called s7 were he was backwards engineering a ufo's that used this type of propulsion system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

maybe the person that took this photo was meant to of taken it!? maybe a classic case of false reporting!? you see i cant tell, was it even taken in turkey!?

their are lots of photos around most dont fit the term 'ufo', but their are a few that do!

jonbravo wrote: »
    maybe the person that took this photo was meant to of taken it!? maybe a classic case of false reporting!? you see i cant tell, was it even taken in turkey!?

their are lots of photos around most dont fit the term 'ufo', but their are a few that do!

Interesting questions alright, I can't answer, but apparently the footage was analysed and verified as untampered with.

Advertisement