Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameface

Options
  • 17-08-2009 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

A new TV show on Bravo featuring game reviews and so on.

It.....is....tripe , and again we dont have a decent show based on gaming.

The reviews are terrible , the format is all wrong , the competitions are slow and boring.

The only redeeming thing about it is the female presenter is quite attractive :D

http://gameface.bravo.co.uk/

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I could do a better games show than the crap TV execs put through. Hell two over weigth balding scottish middle aged blokes did a better game show.

Edit: Female presenter isn't even all that. She's no emily booth.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I hope thats just a strange expression she's doing on the hompage.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

do not want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Having flash backs of the Irish gaming show thing where they asked on here what people wanted , and then went and did the total opposite and made the typical show that gamers hate. Which of course got torn to shreds on here, and the guys behind the show made some nasty posts about boards.:rolleyes:

It was all very amusing. Why is it so hard for people to make a show for gamers? They keep trying to make a show that appears more like its aimed at the kind of people that watch Big Brother rather then gamers. FFS its not that hard lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

Bring back Darren and Jamie bruv!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Bring back Bits and Vids. That blonde one doesn't look the best, also has a Something about Mary quiff goin on.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Gamee TV Shows...Magazines... Theyre all quite obsolete. Besides some of the nice revealing articles and interviews some of them seem to get their hands on. But for the most part, the best information is available online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I actually prefer Playr to this.

At least on Playr, it shows the games either in action or via trailers and cinematics, no intrusive presenter [except a voice which can get annoying sometimes].

What would make a good video game show? What should be the focus? Professional gaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I miss Patrick Moore. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

At least half of each review was taken up with useless trivia. Who gives a crap?

And letting the viewers pick the games to be reviewed is complete rubbish. Reviewing Prince of Persia 6 months after it came out is bullsh*t.

Bring back Playr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I used to love "Movies, Games and Videos" on a saturday. You know why, because there was no crummy cheap-ass set, no fake-ass presenters only footage of the games, word bubbles to give you trivia and then a commentator who was more of a comedian than anything else.

Like Gametrailers... I could watch their reviews all day. The problem with a TV show is that it's an archaic format. It's like having a show called "Sports" and going from reviewing Football, to Ostrich racing... just because I like some genres of games, doesn't mean I want to watch a show that covers all genres. With websites that stream previews, reviews and competitions I get to choose to only watch what I'm interested in.

With the internet so prevalent, a rigid show about gaming will never work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually thats a blast from the past. Movies, games, videos was excellent. It introduced me to the awesome Rocket Knight Adventures so I have no bad words to say about it.

As for what would be good in a game show, professional gaming is definitely not the way to go. Looking at footage of professional gamers in competition will be interesting to only a tiny amount of the audience and boring for everyone else and also solidify even more the gamers are geeks with no lives mentality of the casual audience. A small feature on it in one show would be more than enough. What you need is reviews that show the games with presenters that are knowledeable (very important) and not chosen because they are good looking or their 'street cred'. And by knowledeable I don't mean plays the odd game of Fifa and Halo 3, some real knowledge on the subject, like me :P

The review should be the main focus but there should be 1 or 2 interesting features per show to break it up and act like filler during the slow gaming weeks. I'd personally like a very short retro section as well but it might be personal preference. Then all it needs is a bit of humour to spice it up. No need to do skits like the consolevania boys do, although if you can pull it off then go for 1 in an episode, but even casual banter between the presenters can be humour. I've found myself laughing during episodes of retronauts due to what the presenters say and nobody can disagree that dominik diamonds humour and sly innuendo was what made gamesmaster so great.

Are there any good online shows? I know I could just go an look at feature interviews or trailers for games, but the main thing I liked about the shows on tv was that I had no idea what was coming up and so I'd get to see games I normally wouldn't know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Come on Gamezville resurrection :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

When Games Attack! wasn't bad. Diamond really has got a nice sense of biting humour about him. Had it's flaws though, it was a bit uneven in terms of material, and as for the cringeworthy commentary on the Pro Evolution tournament...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Great review for Ghostbusters. Lots of random useless facts that have STA to do with the game. I wont be looking again. rubbish.

Olivia Nyum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i still think bad influence was good

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xblaZe

Yeah its a terrible show!!

humanji wrote: »
    She's no Patrick Moore, but Jesus Christ!!!!!
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I was just watching Gameface there. The presenter is kind of hot but the show isn't great.

They were reviewing Infamous and the narrator was talking about how electricity and free running was discovered. :confused:

Why the hell would they talk about that when reviewing a game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

first sat morning in awhile i had the tv to myself to watch my nerd shows and jeebus do i miss playr on a sat morning, gamesface never actually reviewed any of the games! Gave rubbish facts instead!
    Playr tv at least gave you a clear cut verdict previewed games etc, never had a strange pierced blonde one doing a horrible job of the quizzes.

No doubt ill watch it again but i aint gonna rise on purpose for it! Still think gamer tv was the best of the last couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Charlie Brooker is currently using his Screenwipe format to put together a show called Gameswipe.

Should air before xmas.

Top 10 biggest game-cocks!

I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to that. It'll pretty much be Zero Punctuation without the animation. Their sense of humour and the way they rip the piss out of everything is too similar to make me think it'd be anything other than more of the same. That's not ot say it's a bad thing, but I'd prefer something new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I'm struggling to remember here, but wasn't there an Irish games show about 13 years ago that was on rte.. had kids playing street fighter two against each other.. had that annoying lad kevo or whatever presenting it..

Advertisement