Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN to Broadband Cabling query

Options
  • 17-08-2009 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

All advice welcome ;)

I'm moving my pc/broadband connection from a home office to a downstairs room. I previously has an ISDN line running from the eircom box under the floor to the point I plan to locate to. This 'isdn' cable appears to be wired into the eircom box and I'm wondering if I can utilise this cable for the broadband connection of whether I need to run a new cable under the floor?

Any advice??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

most likely yes you can recycle this cable but you need to choose the right cable pair in this wire to use a normal phone extension from your phone line.

A few questions to clarify: you have ADSL? No ISDN now? When you did have ISDN, did the present, upstairs position of the broadband have a live phone extension (reason I ask is because there was a function on ISDN NTUs where you could back-feed analogue phone service to all your old extensions.)

Advertisement