Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guess what it is - two new ones

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

ezridax wrote: »
    Okay its markings are 119R. 11. 101.

119. - So we know he was a member of the 119th Imperial German Regiment, made up of of "overflow" from other various regiments.

11. - This signifies he was asigned to to the 11th company. Most likely a line officer, but not necessarily.

101. - The identification number to show which individual was given the bayonet.

Here is where the problems arise. Unless you have access to German (WW1) weapon assignment logs i don't know any other way to access the exact person it was assigned to.

There are other markers to look out for. On the base of the hilt there should be a double stamp, and at the top of the hilt on the rear of the handle/blade the should also be another marking. This indicates it was insoected and approved. Lastly on the rear of the sheath (that would be against the leg) there is also another marking (usually a number).

Any chance of some close up shots of these areas of the hilt and sheath.

Bayonet is 1903 as per Olaf.

The marking is interesting, being for the 119th Infantry Regiment,
    being the 1st Württembergisches Infanterie Regiment "Königin Olga"
    which was actually a Grenadier Regiment. In peacetime they were
    stationed in Stuttgart. The Company number is the 11th, weapon number
    is 101. The Abnahme should be a W for King Wilhelm II of Württemberg.
    I'm quite into this model and I have only noted a handfull of aA's
    with Württemberg regimentals, this one could be aA, but it is more
    likely to be nA.
    Year might be written on the spine
    . (this is W 03 the reign of Kaiser Wilhem)
    Waiting on more info as I have sent on the year to olaf for him to tell me more

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Well i did all the leg work, and if i gave you all the answers it would take all the fun from it.

You believing any of this??????? :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

ezridax wrote: »
    Well i did all the leg work, and if i gave you all the answers it would take all the fun from it.

You believing any of this??????? :D

I really do appreciate it Ezri.
    I still have a good deal to find out about these grenadiers from 1903:D

Advertisement