Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD Recorder with Freeview bought in England

• 17-08-2009 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

What do I need to get this working with Freeview in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Not too well up on this but I think you need a satellite dish pointing in the same direction as a Sky dish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

What do I need to get this working with Freeview in Ireland?

Freeview is the UK Digital Terrestrial system. It has nothing to do with digital satellite, by the way. To receive it, you need to be able to pick up signals from Northern Ireland or Wales. If you can't get UK analogue terrestrial channels at the moment, you won't be able to get Freeview. The ROI system is not compatible with Freeview. It's more advanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

thanks lads.

My neighbour has a SKY Dish and Decoder (although she has never subscribed) put in for 300 and gets all the free to air channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

thats free to air via satellite. the free to air terrestrial that we use in ireland in mpeg4. all uk freeview equipment is mpeg2 based so they wont work. as Richard said if you're near the border you might be able to pick up the UK terrestrial signal. as regards free to air satellite, its available all over ireland.

adam

Advertisement