Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does registration open at 12 tonight?

Options
  • 17-08-2009 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

It just says registration opens for me on August 18th on the site, does that mean 12 tonight? I don't wanna miss out on any of my modules.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

3pm wednesday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    3pm wednesday:)

Wednesday is the 19th though?

samsamson wrote: »
    Wednesday is the 19th though?

Well I read it somewhere that it was 3pm wednesday, and that's defently when accomadation starts if you accepted before 5pm monday, but it wouldn't hurt to try away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

No wayz? I'll be f5'ing the site at 3 on Wednesday now...

I swear I do have a life

Really

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm gonna hang on till a few mins after 12, see what happens. If not, I'll be up early tomorrow to do it.

• Advertisement

CAO offers going out today!
    CAO offer packs are being posted today (17 August). All incoming CAO students can begin online registration within three working days of accepting their CAO offer. Visit the incoming students web pages for information for new students.

Don't bother

That lady in the registration tutorial vidoes is fair scary o_O

No wayz? I'll be f5'ing the site at 3 on Wednesday now...

I swear I do have a life

Really

I'm leaving work fiteen mins early so I can get at 3 exactly to apply:)

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    I'm leaving work fiteen mins early so I can get at 3 exactly to apply:)
    RESPEKT

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

"Registration for Stage 3 Comp Sci will be available on the 18th."

LIES!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

7am on the 18th of August. Apparently registration for stage 3 Arts should be open by now.

However:
    COMPUTER SAYS NO!

And we're being charged the princely sum of €1657 for this!!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SoaringPanda

I hate the registration process, been at it all morning and the bloody thing still says I've to pick more option/core modules yet I have 60 credits :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Serenity

Little bit worried at this point. Up bright and early to get registration sorted - and it's still not open. I don't know if this is simply a problem with my registration or if it's the same for everyone as the help desk is screening emails and sending ones with the same links I've already read back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Registeration was a fcukin disaster!! All English modules...full!!! Left with the ones I'm clueless about!!:(:(
    Can a few people drop out please??:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

BlackMamba wrote: »
    Registeration was a fcukin disaster!! All English modules...full!!! Left with the ones I'm clueless about!!:(:(
    Can a few people drop out please??:P

You can register?! I'm being told that registration isn't open yet...

WHAT.

I have been up since 7 ready to register, only for my SIS to say Phase 2 not available. I had all my English modules decided on and had been all prepared like UCD has been telling us to be for months - and on the day my registration is blocked. I have emailed and phoned all morning and haven't actually gotten anything except referrals back to the Registration 09 links. I am so upset. This is classic UCD. I still cannot register and now it seems I won't get ANY of the modules I wanted.

Notorious wrote: »
    You can register?! I'm being told that registration isn't open yet...

Yeah, registered and all. What course you looking to register for?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Being told that as a third year I have to register for Stage 2 and that I need to complete 100 credits in Stage 2.

And in true UCD style there's no-one in the Programme Office answering the phone.

Serenity wrote: »
    WHAT.

I have been up since 7 ready to register, only for my SIS to say Phase 2 not available. I had all my English modules decided on and had been all prepared like UCD has been telling us to be for months - and on the day my registration is blocked. I have emailed and phoned all morning and haven't actually gotten anything except referrals back to the Registration 09 links. I am so upset. This is classic UCD. I still cannot register and now it seems I won't get ANY of the modules I wanted.

I was up early and still gone none of the English modules I wanted. Apparently they're "full":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

What time did registration open (for the people who it's working for!) ?

No idea. Didn't say any particular time on UCD website. I was up for 11 and it was working. But all the modules I had hoped to get were full.:( Bah humbug!!!!

• Advertisement

BlackMamba wrote: »
    Yeah, registered and all. What course you looking to register for?

Arts - final semester. This really is classic UCD admin.

Could the server have crashed forcing UCD to close Phase 2?

Arts - final semester. This really is classic UCD admin.

Ya got that right!! Disasterous!!!:mad:

I'm final year Arts too. No one in any of the offices is replying to any calls or emails. I seriously don't know what my 6 modules for English are going to be now. This is just disheartening really. With all the changes and the great modules on offer I was really looking forward to tailoring my final year to things I really enjoyed studying.

SIGH.

5 hours later and STILL unable to register.

Same here Serenity. Had a list of modules I was gonna pick for English....got none. But I got one from my back-up list:rollseyes: Now I just don't care...have no interest in the modules left.
    According to http://www.ucd.ie/students/moduleplaces.html, there might be places added to certain classes this week so here's hoping it works out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rachc

I'm a mature student, starting 1st year of Social Science. I thought my registration didnt start until tomorrow but after reading this board I checked mine and I've now completed Phase 1 of my registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SoaringPanda

This is crazy, I'm also a final year arts student studying History and Geography I've got 60 credits but it still says registration is incomplete, this is before I can even select electives, what the hell is going on ? At least I've been able select the modules I'm most interested in. This is the first year I haven't been left with the crap other people don't want to do.

This is crazy, I'm also a final year arts student studying History and Geography I've got 60 credits but it still says registration is incomplete, this is before I can even select electives, what the hell is going on ? At least I've been able select the modules I'm most interested in. This is the first year I haven't been left with the crap other people don't want to do.

I'm also taking Geography but with Economics and I still can't pass Phase 1 of registration. I noticed that I'm also marked down as being still in Stage 2 :rolleyes: This is damn frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I'm also taking Geography but with Economics and I still can't pass Phase 1 of registration. I noticed that I'm also marked down as being still in Stage 2 :rolleyes: This is damn frustrating.

I'm in the same boat as you, buddy.
    I think the Stage 2 is displayed because they've merged second years and third years into "Stage 2" in the new registration system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Do only arts students do this?
    I'm getting a bit worried.I'm doing business and law . . Do I have to register now?I haven't registered . . . Someone please answer!:(.Can I not just register when I get there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Is this 'registration' business just for 2nd years or is it for First years aswell . . . someone please answer!

Advertisement