Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing Registration In Australia

Options
  • 17-08-2009 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi Guys + Gals

I am an Irish nurse who is planning on registering with the Queensland Nursing Council. I have my application ready to send. I am querying if i can register with the state of New South Wales and Victoria via the Queensland Nursing Council or do I have to register separately with these states through a separate application specified by the nursing councils of the named states.

I would very much appreciate some feedback.

Many thanks

Lorna

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Not sure about that but there is a Registered Nurse job on our site here

I've emailed someone who should know and i'll let you know as soon as they get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭missannik

QLD, NSW and VIC Nurses Boards are seperate entities. You'll need to register individually with each. There is a plan for there to be a National Nurses Board by July 2010, which is of no use for you now. Good luck with your registration. :) There is a decent amount of work going for nurses Australia wide, so you shouldn't have too much difficulty, I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭paxo

lornamc wrote: »
    Hi Guys + Gals

I am an Irish nurse who is planning on registering with the Queensland Nursing Council. I have my application ready to send. I am querying if i can register with the state of New South Wales and Victoria via the Queensland Nursing Council or do I have to register separately with these states through a separate application specified by the nursing councils of the named states.

I would very much appreciate some feedback.

Many thanks

Lorna

Lornamc
    Unfortunately you will need to register in each state separately. There are slightly different process for each state but overall it is fairly similar. If you intending working in Queensland on arrival you may want to hold off on regestering with the other states untill you get here. On a positive note there is a shortage of registered nurses in this country so you should be ok for work
    Good luck
    Paxo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lornamc

Thanks alot guys.Yer great. hope to be over there by March. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭missannik

Don't forget to join the ANF. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement