Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car boot sales

Options
  • 17-08-2009 10:34pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know this probably isn't the most appropriate forum, but I honestly can't think of a better one.

Firstly, can anyone tell me what car boot sales are on in and around Cork, and with what frequency they're on?

Secondly, I want to sell stuff at one, but I've never been to one! Can anyone explain how they work? Do I need to bring my own table or what?

Thirdly, I was thinking of selling some homemade baked goods while I'm there. Can I actually do this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I see signs posted regularly for car boot sales at Kilcully Scout Camp, looks like you just missed one there though.

I also stumbled across Bootflea, the forum link wasnt working but it may give you some ideas for places to try & there are phone numbers/email addresses listed that may be of some use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Fermoy seems to have one every week on the old mitchelstown road,castletownroche has one every fortnight and there is one every bank holiday monday in shanagarry and I think blarney. There are also random ones in carraigtohill, glanmire ,mogeely and kilcully. There used to be a big one in rathcormac but I'm not sure if its still going on.
    Usually the fee is about 20 yoyo per car, but fermoy frequently has a free sunday for cars (not Vans). You bring your own table and you can sell homemade goods ( though not fast food as there is a higher fee for that).

Advertisement