Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry seller attacked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

hope the scumbag is caught, low life waste of space

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

He was caught. Last Friday. They knew who they were looking for since it happened.

Arrested, questioned, released without charge. File going to DPP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I read it in the newspaper an awful thing to happen to a young girl. I really think though that the people out selling strawberries are way too young to be sitting on the side of the road on their own. My younger brother used to sell strawberries near Gorey but I always felt its a very dangerous position for a teenager to be in. Especially a young girl, I certainly wouldn't feel safe allowing my daughter to sell strawberries on the side of the road. i'd be afraid someone would attack or kidnap her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Alot of the young fella's I know of who are selling, would have a hurl with them (not for self-defence, but for their interest in the sport) so whoever would try to rob the place would be sure of a good puck.

I'd be very wary of letting my young daughter work on one however, there's lots of strange people out there, particularly with the ferries in and out only down the road. IMO, many would find a young girl an easier target than a boy.

Advertisement