Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

London trip C&C please (10 pics)

• 17-08-2009 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

I was in london last night and after filling almost 2 memory cards, i would like some C&C on these few please!

Click each for a larger view

1) Big Ben
    3831689042_fbef21db94.jpg

2) The Mayor's Office
    3831657110_c7d5cd087e.jpg

3) From below the millennium bridge (Previously in the random thread)
    3827083927_e918c2bc45.jpg

4) A london eye eclipse ;)
    3830867059_19523c195e.jpg

5) Westminster at dusk (version 1)
    3831668890_894c2f3a86.jpg

6) Westminster at dusk (version 2)
    3830878841_f6fbd41fd4.jpg

7) British Museum
    3831696108_0d7373cec2.jpg

8) Top of the eye
    3831680062_6542c8cb78.jpg

9) Blue eye
    3830888845_d6ddd472ba.jpg

10) Eye in motion
    3831692612_850c75583d.jpg

As you can see I'm a big fan of night time shots...!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I like them. Especially the first one. Very well done.

David OS

Edit: Sorry I can't C&C them. I very rarely shoot night time. Must do sometime.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

love the the first one

....wheres danbo....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

love the the first one

....wheres danbo....:confused:

Danbo and my 10-20mm lens didn't mix too well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Really like these! There alot different than I thought they would be clicking into the thread!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Can u advise what camera,lens and if any pp done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Very nice shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

#8 for me

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    Can u advise what camera,lens and if any pp done.

I used a canon 1000D, my new sigma 10-20mm lens on raw and a gorillapod tripod.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Danbo and my 10-20mm lens didn't mix too well :D

makes him look fat eh :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

damn, that 10-20 is sharp. It's officially on my list. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

They are all great! I really like 5!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Great shots,I've been to all of these places recently and you've captured them perfectly :)

That 10-20mm sure is tempting me!

Very nice photos Longshanks and that first one is fantastic,I can't really find too much to criticise :) I must look into getting a gorillapod aswell,they look damn handy.

Very nice photos Longshanks and that first one is fantastic,I can't really find too much to criticise :) I must look into getting a gorillapod aswell,they look damn handy.

Thanks! Wee tip for you - i got mine on ebay shipped from hong kong for approx €10. When i was in jessops in london they were selling for about £49 stg :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Really really great photos, I like them alot.

good job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

I really like #9 and #1 . Possibly I would have processed #1 differently , it seems very bright, but I like it.

Did you find the gorillapod supported a DSLR steadily ? I think I will try using mine again as an alternative to carting round a tripod in one hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,610 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Love number 1.;)

Would it be fair to ask you to post or pm me with the seller id for the gorillapod ?
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

vectra wrote: »
    Love number 1.;)

Would it be fair to ask you to post or pm me with the seller id for the gorillapod ?
    cheers

I'd like to know this too, perhaps you can post it here.

I really like 1, 5 and 10, well done Longshanks.

silverside wrote: »
    I really like #9 and #1 . Possibly I would have processed #1 differently , it seems very bright, but I like it.

Did you find the gorillapod supported a DSLR steadily ? I think I will try using mine again as an alternative to carting round a tripod in one hand.

Thanks.

#1 is bright alright - but then so where the lights straight into the lens :D. I like it - it could be processed different but the flare from the street light was one of the things i was after. I had no filters as i only picked up the 10-20mm a few days before headed off (i'm strictly an hong kong ebay purchaser when comes to filters).

Regarding the gorillapod, i wrapped it firmly onto the bridge handrail for #1. I never let go of the gorillapod arms though in case (a) somebody robbed the camera or (b) it dropped into the water :eek:. But i found it very very steady.

For #9 & #10 i just placed it on the ground / wall. It was 100% steady, even with the relatively heavy sigma lens- especially when you find out that #10 was a 60 second exposure with no remote release. I forgot it in the hotel so i manually held down the shutter of the camera mounted to the pod.
    Love number 1.;)

cheers
    I'd like to know this too, perhaps you can post it here.

I really like 1, 5 and 10, well done Longshanks.
    Thanks for comments. Here is link to the gorillapod i bought. Its the bigger on in the link
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260411213490&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Thanks for comments. Here is link to the gorillapod i bought. Its the bigger on in the link
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260411213490&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Thanks bud.
    Got one there for under €10 ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks bud.
    Got one there for under €10 ;)

Yep same here, just ordered it moments ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Excellent. I have not done any night photography really so cant C&C except for to say I like them. I actually like Mayors office and the ones from the side of the bridge.
    Going in late September for W/E with my good wife.

Just to let you know.
    My Gorillapod arrived this morning.
    happy days :D

Just to let you know.
    My Gorillapod arrived this morning.
    happy days :D

Hah same here. I also ordered (different seller), a remote for about €5 which arrived as well, can't go too wrong with that. :pac:

Advertisement