Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

thigh highs, yay or nay?

• 17-08-2009 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

thigh high boots??
    black leather, what do ye think?i hear they're gonna be big next season, i kind of like the idea of them, if you wore them without managing to look like a lady of the night!!what would you wear them with?

oh and sequined jackets, i think thats one look i wont succumb too.like playsuits, i love the idea but i just look like a baby in romper suit!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Yes and yes! They shall be everywhere. Saw a lovely flat pair of thigh highs in Topshop today,, very tempting.

Bit of talk about them here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055621059&highlight=thigh+boots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

Anyone know where you could get a nice pair that don't look hookerish for a larger calf? I'd love to buy a nice pair as my bf is mad about them but I've got a wide calf :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

a big yay!!:) have 2 pairs thigh highs,new over knee pair from river island and an older pair from some random shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Several ladies here (including my OH) have bought these overknee boots which are fantastic. They also make a thigh high pair here.

• Advertisement

those extra long thigh high are really nice :)

Several ladies here (including my OH) have bought these overknee boots which are fantastic. They also make a thigh high pair here.
    They're nice, but the heel is a little thin for me. I'd prefer something with a thicker heel [find it easier to walk on - little spindly ones make me nervous!]. Tried on some today but the zip wouldn't do up over my calves :(

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭miami2007

hm...dont know, dont kill me but think they are a bit last year.....i just recently sold a brown pair of thigh high boots on ebay that i got from ASOS last year. and before i bought those i tried a pair of flat thigh high from Faith. both were in stores last year so i think im over them...

I don't even particularly want thigh high. Just proper knee high ones! Keep me warm in the winters :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Special K wrote: »
    I don't even particularly want thigh high. Just proper knee high ones! Keep me warm in the winters :)

http://www.duoboots.com/products/boots may just be the places! You can customise the calf width. Some really gorgeous boots there, nothing really similar to the ones you linked though, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

miami2007 wrote: »
    hm...dont know, dont kill me but think they are a bit last year.....i just recently sold a brown pair of thigh high boots on ebay that i got from ASOS last year. and before i bought those i tried a pair of flat thigh high from Faith. both were in stores last year so i think im over them...

hey miami2007 i think you were the trendsetter:) even this year when their in not many girls would wear them you need a look or attiude:)if yur selling any let us know

Thanks Twee. Found some on oxendales.ie so will see how that goes. Thanks :)

the black leather pair on the topshop website i love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Like Twee said, Duo Boots are the absolute best for boots, especially if you have a wider calf. I bought two pairs from there last year (one in red patent, full price, and the other matt black with a little wedge heel in the sale). So comfortable and very well fitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Faith do a gorgeous suede pair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭CaoimheX

Anyone know where you could get a nice pair that don't look hookerish for a larger calf? I'd love to buy a nice pair as my bf is mad about them but I've got a wide calf :(

www.electriqueboutique.com , I found a great pair last year. I had a similar problem as yourself, lower legs slightly big, took up running to solve that problem. Now after many miles, I have the legs to die for ! I could not recommend running more to cure your leg woes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

Mrs. Teg got these over knee boots the other day. Not real leather but they look great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

I have the exact same problem. I got a pair of just below the knee flat boots from Penneys and cut along the back of them to make them fit, and they do but I would love a pair of flat thigh highs that comfortably fits me.

I had a black suede pair from 4 years ago for €40 in Barratts except now they are pointy and they're looking a lot worse for wear, really wanting to get them again but they are nowhere to be found.

Got a lovely pair from Oxendales girls. You can choose wide/extra wide fittings so it's super. I just measured mine at the widest part with a measuring tape & I was able to select the best fitting leg from their measurements! They did cost 135 but they're real leather so I'll have them for years! Andn they look super sexy so I'm happy1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Kay-tee

Thigh highs ... YAAAAAAY!!
    Sequined jackets ... bigger YAY!!!

• Advertisement

anyone get a thigh high pair yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Kay-tee

I got a black suade studded pair in Faith?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Shinyboots

ah come on they are hot!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Love love love them. Wish they had them for the non-skinny leg though. I hear Pennys are doin them for €20 or somethin ridiculously cheap has anyone seen them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I quite like thigh high boots but I can't wear them because they just look ridiculous on me! :( YAY for everyone else though!

ah come on Id say you look great in them,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Shinyboots wrote: »
    ah come on Id say you look great in them,

Haha, awh, thank you! :)

no probs

Do this checklist:

1. Do I look like I have the career that Julia Roberts had in Pretty Woman?
    2. Do I look like I'm going fishing in the river?

If the answer to either is 'Yes' - then stay clear.

TBH - I don't like the current trend in shoe design that incorporates elements of 'stripper'/'hooker' fashion.

• Advertisement

haha good one,

The ones in pretty woman were horrible,,,,,,,,fishing, arn't that called wayders???????

The ones in the shops are tops, but they are some price,,,,,150 euro eh!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I cant believe the amounf of people who like this trend!! .. saw a few people wearing thigh high boots over jeans today and I genuinely thought they looked ridiculous. Just kinda whore-y, even with casual clothes.

As for sequin jackets, some look so striking, some look tacky.. Id be careful with this one, but if you get it right... NICE!

I like the over the jeans look with boots......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

anniehoo wrote: »
    Love love love them. Wish they had them for the non-skinny leg though. I hear Pennys are doin them for €20 or somethin ridiculously cheap has anyone seen them?
    Ya in black and grey... suede style ones! fab!!

• Advertisement

id defo keep the links haha....thats some price for them, crazy........na has to be leather, not suede!!! to hard to keep clean ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I got a black pair I absolutely love in Faith recently (can't find a pic on the website though). They're to the knee and really soft leather - super comfortable.

Really pointed toe and crazily high heel are what I personally think cause such boots to look a bit OTT (that's just my opinion though) - my ones have only a medium height heel (and it's relatively chunky) and a rounded toe. They look great with short skirts and tights.

I'd consider them to look more "60s" than "stripper":

(The one on the right)
    20090928ft.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

where are the black ones from???im loving them!

Oh that's just a random picture I found - the boots on the right are similar in style to my new ones. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Will be buying these as soon as i get paid:D
    32B07VBBK_large.jpg

Although its hard to find an outfit to go with them!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

you think you could add a poll here for the yay and nay please ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    Will be buying these as soon as i get paid:D

Although its hard to find an outfit to go with them!!

They are excellent looking. Hmnnnn can I convince the missus she needs these?!

Wouldn't be my choice as they are too high - in terms of both heel and boot itself, but I still really like the round toe and the way the heel isn't just a narrow "spike".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

thigh high boots FTW

Pretty Woman much :D

any chance of a link Vamp??? for the topshop ones!!!

Good point there by another poster - stay clear of the thin stiletto heel and pointed boot so as to avoid the hooker effect. (unless that's what you're aiming for).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

They are excellent looking. Hmnnnn can I convince the missus she needs these?!

Just buy her them and you'll get good points for buying her shoes;)
    Dudess wrote: »
    Wouldn't be my choice as they are too high - in terms of both heel and boot itself, but I still really like the round toe and the way the heel isn't just a narrow "spike".

Yeah I love round toe. I haven't seen them in 'person' yet but hopefully they'll live up to expectations.

yes, just buy them..........and see what happens, as long as you think they look good on you then that's all the matters... i prefer pointed the round toe and also stiletto heel then chunky...but were all different haha;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

I was in Topshop today and saw the boots. The look really nice. If they were'nt so expensive I'd buy them.

I've got the black pair from Penney's and I really like them. Went in today and they now have them in a blue colour. Kinda dark blue. Bought them as well. I love them!

nice, will check them out in Penneys at the weekend!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement