Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unique CAO f*** up I think

Options
  • 17-08-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Ok heres the sceal
    Basically I did a baccalaureat in france and passed it in June (barely 10.78/20) I then sent the results by registered post to the CAO. As I'm sure you're all aware the CAO offers came out today and as you can Imagine I was quite surprised to find no offers had been made despite my application for two low pointers: Engineering in DCU (common entry and Digital Media) and after that a letter arrived where I live informing me that they weren't authorised to offer me any places based on my exam results and that I was not to contact them but the admissions office of the concerned institution...
    Cue a desperate call to DCU where a very polite and helpful lady informed me that the reason I wasn't offered a place was purely because they had never received my results as they should have, and that my best bet was to contact the CAO. Two and a half hours later I'd still no response to to my telephone calls (I'd been making one every few minutes to no avail) I then sent an e-mail asking why my results had never been passed on and informing them that because of this my college application for this year seemed very uncertain thanks to their blatant administrational error. I then received a very curt response.

After I received this response I immediately called the lady I had spoken to previously in admissions at DCU and informed her about my contact by the CAO, she then assured me she would contact the CAO on my behalf and get back to me tomorrow... I can only hope she will...

What do you think?

Personally I'm shocked at the treatment I have received from the CAO, I feel that because of them I missed out on my first round offers because of their error and not only will they not admit that they made an error, they will probably not make up for the fact that my college application chances have been severely damaged by everything that has happened...

Has anyone any advice?

Overall I'm just scared ****less...

Opinions?

Thanks for reading if you did!

Andrew

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Hi Andrew,
    As you are aware, we cannot give or allow any legal advice on the forum.

The following links from the CAO website should help with your problem:

Link 1
    Link 2

Link 1 outlines the complaints procedure.
    Link 2 mentions that if there is a problem, if the applicant has fulfilled everything they need to fulfil, then they won't lose out on any place they're entitled to if the contact is made promptly with all necessary information.

Hope this has helped.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement