Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Thai Food shop in or near D15

Options
  • 17-08-2009 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Theres plenty of Indian shops in Coolmine but I'm looking in for a shop were I might obtain ingredients for Thai recipes.

TIA..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The Dublin 15 forum might be of more use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Canacourse

Faith wrote: »
    The Dublin 15 forum might be of more use to you.
    Maybe or Maybe not. I asked in or NEAR D15.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Canacourse wrote: »
    Maybe or Maybe not. I asked in or NEAR D15.

The cooking and recipes forum is for all of Ireland, not just areas in or near Dublin 15. Everyone who posts in this forum is familiar with the areas you're asking about; the vast majority of posters in C&R won't have a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Any specific ingredients you're looking for? The Indian places carry a lot of the spices and the supermarkets (especially Dunnes) carry the chilli sauces and curry pastes that you will get in the Asian Supermarkets.

Having said all that it's much much cheaper to get to a decent Asian Supermarket, we go to Asia Market on Drury Street once every couple of months to stock up. Some of the smaller shops can feel a little grotty and not where I'd be buying food.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Canacourse

Palm Sugar, Tamarind, Shrimp Paste, Lemon Grass, Candlenuts.

Thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I don't know if its still there, but there was a little Asian shop in the alley opposite the church in Blanchardstown village. It was in a weird location, and it has been years since I was there, so someone else may verify its current status.

Advertisement