Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two suggestions.

Options
  • 17-08-2009 11:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Suggestion 1: Thread Subscription

Sometimes I come across a thread that I don't want to post in but want to see what other responses will be, as I'm sure most people do?

So anyway, I find it a little bit time consuming going into thread tools > subscribe to thread > Add subscription. Yeah, it's only a few seconds but time is precious!

Now at the moment, we can add thanks to a post by one click without navigating away from a page or reloading, it would be great if there was a similar button at the top of a page to ''add subscription'', without having to reload or navigate away from the page.

Suggestion 2: Search Option

This is a simple one, when we click on search at the top of each page there's options to ''show threads'' or ''show posts''. It would be nice for someone like me who does a fair bit of searching, to add a couple of more options, namely ''Search Thread Titles'' and ''Search Entire Post''.

More often than not I search for thread titles, and this would make it much quicker imo than opting for an ''advanced search'' and going to a different page.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Option 1 is a good idea. Maybe even if the current subscription method was just javascript that would be sweet. It would save having to do the reload. I doubt the developers will be doing anything like this soon. Vbulletin 4 is just around the corner so anything they do to the current vbulletin we are running might not work on vb4 and thus be wasted time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moved to Development forum (proper place for it:)) from Feedback and given a prefix of "feature suggestion".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Option 1: We'll take this feedback into account while making upcoming user interface changes. Subscribing to threads and forums are great ways of not losing your place in the massive flow of information that is boards.ie, so we're keen to make it easy.

Option 2: If you use the Boards.ie Beta skin you'll see a new dropdown on the top right. That gives you the two options you're looking for.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Suggestion 1: Thread Subscription

Sometimes I come across a thread that I don't want to post in but want to see what other responses will be, as I'm sure most people do?

So anyway, I find it a little bit time consuming going into thread tools > subscribe to thread > Add subscription. Yeah, it's only a few seconds but time is precious!

Now at the moment, we can add thanks to a post by one click without navigating away from a page or reloading, it would be great if there was a similar button at the top of a page to ''add subscription'', without having to reload or navigate away from the page.
    Would it be possible to autosubscribe to a thread when you thank a post in it?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement