Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CLEAN homeless male seeks clean sleeping environment

• 17-08-2009 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Thank you for your time.

First of all, I am not a drug addict or what some might call a "skanger".

In fact when I beg for money, people dont even believe Im homeless because Im polite, sober, well spoken and well kept.

The truth is I have been a perpetual refugee for my whole life. Im not one of those losers who lost it all to drugs. In fact theyre my worst enemy, as they give genuine homeless people a bad name. Fact is I never had anything to begin with.

I came over to Ireland from across the water a while ago. Ive been on the street for a whole year. And all because I cant get a PPS number. I dont have an address and I sleep outside.

Im completely legal here, and thats the irony. So what is this all about...

I am sick to the back teeth of the weather in the "capital". I have slept outside through what has been described as one of the harshest winters in recent record.

And yet its still Winter. I thought I survived the winter to see a forgiving summer, only to find more, and more, and more rain.

I have had enough of the weather. I want to sleep inside.

I cant sleep in a homeless shelter, cos theyre full of heroin addicts. I cant live with that scum, and I shouldnt have to.

So heres my idea. However far fetched, Im both desperate and rational enough to consider this a reasonable proposition:

Throughout Dublin there are cars parked outside peoples houses. They are not being used. I nor any adult looking after me ever had a car. We couldnt afford one. When I look at cars, I see bedrooms. I see a bed for the night. A car is this wonderful cozy little room with a reclining seat, which is, crucially, out of the rain.

Now I am not suggesting for one minute that you leave your keys in your beloved car for me to drive off. You keep the keys. And you can lay down any ground rules you want. I just want a place to sleep where I wont get pissed on in mid August.

Im a good person. Can we do this?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I'm sorry I can't do anything to help but I just wanted to say that I really feel for you. It's a horrible situation that you're in and one that no person in such a modern world should ever have to find themselves in. You seem to have a lot of dignity and I hope you find the strength to keep trying to better your life.

Also, your thread might gain more recognition if posted in the Personal Issues forum... Very best of luck to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'm going to close this thread, as it is very likely to lead to a very unsavoury discussion.

I'm not going to delete it however, so that anyone who wants to offer you somewhere to sleep (maybe an old caravan somewhere?) can still contact you via pm.

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

bump

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement