Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG GH22 dvd drive wont boot

• 18-08-2009 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I need help .... before I pull my hair out !

I bought an Lg GH22 (ide) dvd burner in PC world and installed it in my machine (P4, 2g ram, vista) at first it was only half burning dvd's and wouldn't read disks but afer much googling I found that an 80 conductor ide cable was needed instaed of my old 40 conductor one. So i changed the cable and it's burning and reading like a good thing but it wont boot from this drive.

My bios settings have not changed and I've tried my xp, vista and generic boot cd's and it just says "no boot record found" and skips onto the hard drive and boots away.

Any ideas ? I need to get this vista shi*e off my computer

*UPDATE*

Tried a win 98 boot cd - no joy .

Entered boot menu while on post screen and tried to "force" it to boot from cd - no boot record found !

My floppy drive is busted so I cant go down that route and I can't boot from a USB key .

Advertisement