Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ballycoolin Road Opening ?????

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

You can exit from the side gate beside the IBM building. Much quicker since the temp lights there change to green far more quickly

Yes, that was not the case when i posted that post back then. They opened the gate the following week and magically found temp traffic lights :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 35 scholesy

People,

Fret not about the road works and ongoing construction up around that area!!..I live in Hartstown,cycle to work in Finglas most days.Around 2 weeks ago i had the 'pleasure' of coming upon a travellers funeral/removal at the cappagh bridge.. I joke ye not but at least 500 if not more took up the whole road between transits,hiaces, English relatives etc.. Hence to say, foot hit pedal, weaving between mourning drunken itinerants!!

Lance Armstrong has invited me to join his new team!:)

You've a nice stretch now on the cycle lane for your journey, hell of alot better, it was like a suicide mission for a cyclist previously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

I drove out there on Friday, of course great to have the "old" road back, but a few moans:

Why build a roundabout and put traffic lights on it?
    The lane set up is a bit confusing all the way out.
    I had a car in front in the bus lane, then they where half in and out of of it and then for the heck of it just pulled out into the proper lane. Maybe they where just a crap driver, but I think the road layout will take a lot of getting used to.
    Also finally, the lights alongside the road aren't great @ the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Which roundabout are you talking about with the lights, the one at the start of Snugborough Road ? If so, they're pedestrian lights which are needed there and were always there previously when it was a junction, they're not operational yet though.

Jip wrote: »
    Which roundabout are you talking about with the lights, the one at the start of Snugborough Road ? If so, they're pedestrian lights which are needed there and were always there previously when it was a junction, they're not operational yet though.

Ah right I was wondering why they would have lights on a roundabout. Id say the roundabout will keep everything flowing nicely.

jeffk wrote: »
    Ah right I was wondering why they would have lights on a roundabout. Id say the roundabout will keep everything flowing nicely.

They better be pedestrian lights. Pretty pointless building a traffic light controlled roundabout to replace a traffic light controlled junction. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Definitely pedestrian lights judging from the positions.

Could be worse there's a roundabout in Mullingar with a stop sign.

• Advertisement
Advertisement