Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford gems?

• 18-08-2009 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi,
    ive lived here most of my life, been away for a year or so but now back again - ive always thought waterford was crap and boring but recently ive been making an effort to get out and about. Not clubs/pubs or anything cos im not into that but outdoorsy places. Most of these places i was taken as a child by my parents but they seem so much better than i remember, which is weird.
    For example, i always hated bunmahon when i was younger, i thought it was boring compared to Tramore but i was there recently and i thought it was a stunningly beautiful beach. Same with woodstown (well not as good as bunmahon :p)
    Went for a jog in the peoples park and again seemed so much better than before.
    So is there any other hidden gems (or not so hidden to most people, probably just me) that anyone could recommend i get out and see. Im really starting to enjoy Waterford again. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

The Commeraghs area is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Going out on the cliffs in Dunmore is pretty awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 cathedral

I can highly reccomend the coffee concerts at Christ Church - first & third Sunday of every month, really nice music and a free coffee to boot!

They last just one hour, and are a really relaxing way to kick off Sundays.

:)

www.christchurchwaterford.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

at the end of the beach im bunmahon NOT where the end of the river is there is a hill going up the cliff. Walk up there and you'll come to a cliff looking over a beach, walk down the path and to the far side of that beach and you will reach a cliff wall. You will then see a hole in said cliff wall that you have to climb up a little bit ta get too. When yougo thriugh you'll be in narnia.

Well, not really but its a deadly secret beach/rock walk. Just be sure to do it when tide is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Waterford & Suir Valley Heritage Railway - Sunset Express

Last one for this year is on this thursday.

http://www.wsvrailway.ie/sunsetexpress.shtml

I havent been but I heard from others it is good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

ziedth wrote: »
    at the end of the beach im bunmahon NOT where the end of the river is there is a hill going up the cliff. Walk up there and you'll come to a cliff looking over a beach, walk down the path and to the far side of that beach and you will reach a cliff wall. You will then see a hole in said cliff wall that you have to climb up a little bit ta get too. When yougo thriugh you'll be in narnia.

Well, not really but its a deadly secret beach/rock walk. Just be sure to do it when tide is out.

That coppermine? class little place, scary aswell

That coppermine? class little place, scary aswell

The copper mine is on the other side towards Tramore but that is also well worth a look in that area. just to be carefull because of the sink holes. Generally if there is a sign saying don't walk here try to follow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Clicky - The hole to get in

Clicky 2

Clicky 3

Clicky 4 - Looking up from inside

Clicky - The hole to get in

Clicky 2

Clicky 3

Clicky 4 - Looking up from inside

I apologise, i was thinking of the other mine. They are really good pics i must go up there again, The hole i'm talking about orginally is on the same beach at the very end. Iirc that is about half way. Its not hard to see and the rock walk it leads onto is very impressive.

Advertisement