Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bioscience

• 18-08-2009 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

just got accepted to do Bioscience down there, anyone here have any experience with the course?
    Subjects emphasis?
    Difficulties?
    time table?
    class sizes? Etc

Any relevent information about the course will be helpful & appreciated, kinda worried about going in unprepared. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 goosey gander

hi there
    New to this but im in fourth year of this course!!!! Its a really good course with some really sound lecturers esp ger murphy. It is hard and you will have to work hard but i you love science this is the course for you!!! Jim Nolan will set you alot of projects but its good to keep him happy cause he will look out for you in the long run!!
    Any questions just ask!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Anna89

I got offered this course aswell...dont know what to do yet! Aparantly there are only 10 places on the course...

I switched into this course in second year and there was about 15 in biology and the same in chemistry, its only been known as bioscience for a year or 2 there always changing the course title!!! Unfortunately there are modules of chemistry which were horrible but there is some really interesting stuff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Protagonist

Thanks for the comments, you've actually made me a little more excitied about doing this course now! =D
    tbh I was expecting negative comments about the course considering how much the points have dropped this year.

Oh & about the elective subjects, what is 'Communications and European Studies' mostly about?

To tell you the truth they only threw that in to make up the hours!!!It is impossible and i mean impossible to fail!!! the lecturers name is matt and he is a lovely man!!! He is so sound and will always have somethin nice to say i would def pick this module instead of french.Its all about letter writting and report writting but it really is easy he has never failed anyone and he is a good lecturer cause ya can relate to him

all the lecturers are lovely and if you put in the work you will have no problem. The course does have a big drop out rate but i suspect its because people think that the entry points are low so the course must be a doss!!! Have the right attitude and you can do well on this course!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I just graduated from the final year of that course and it has revolutionised my life. If you are a slacker, then be prepared for a rough ride. If you're a hard worker, be prepared for the same! :p

The stuff is intense, but if you've an interest in science in general then you'll love it all. Jim Nolan is a unique character, but a good one. Overall, the lecturers - all of them - are easy going and will help you out no matter how bad or good you're doing.

I've just emigrated to the UK and will be starting a PhD there... ...:p

Advertisement