Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic V Arsenal FC 1st Leg - Parkhead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

DenMan wrote: »
    Come on the Gunners.

You are a Celtic fan but say the above... strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Of course I'm a Celtic fan. However I have also supported Arsenal since I was a little dude (my Dad's team). I just fear for Celtic is all tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

cheering against the team you "support" goes against the very definition of being a fan of a club.

thats not being uber-fanish or anything, its just common sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The passion shown by the fans and players will make it tough for Arsenal tonight. I've no doubt though that over the 2 legs Arsenal will qualify

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Mate nearly every Irish fan supports Celtic + An English Team Eg. Most United fans support Celtic but when it comes to United they would have to favour them over Celtic but in any other circumstance eg Celtic playin Milan, Chelsea, Hearts etc then they want Celtic to win.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    cheering against the team you "support" goes against the very definition of being a fan of a club.

thats not being uber-fanish or anything, its just common sense.

Can't we all just get along? Won't be cheering against Celtic that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Can't we all just get along? Won't be cheering against Celtic that's for sure.

didn't you JUST say...
    Denman wrote:
    Come on the Gunners.

??????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Mate nearly every Irish fan supports Celtic + An English Team Eg. Most United fans support Celtic but when it comes to United they would have to favour them over Celtic but in any other circumstance eg Celtic playin Milan, Chelsea, Hearts etc then they want Celtic to win.

Can never understand this thing of supporting two teams

I am a supporter of one team and one team only and thats the way it will always be

Can never understand this thing of supporting two teams

I am a supporter of one team and one team only and thats the way it will always be
    It's just because they have a huge base of Ireland fans, I bet alot of fans on here support an English Club and Celtic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

Please explain?

Do you mean that they are not their league champions?

they scraped through thier qualifying round a few weeks ago ..losing at home and scoring a goal in the last minute away having not won away against a european side in years in the CL !!

romah wrote: »
    they scraped through thier qualifying round a few weeks ago ..losing at home and scoring a goal in the last minute away having not won away against a european side in years in the CL !!

Scoring in the last minute does not make a team lucky - the game is 90 minutes + injury time obviously, for a reason. Come to that the tie was over 2 legs so losing at home doesn't make a team lucky either. Their previous record has nothing to do with luck either.

I think you need to try again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You think they scraped through and are lucky because they won 2-1 on agg? Did you even see either game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I am no fan of Celtic but they fully deserved there win against Dynamo Moscow
    Oh it really really hurt to type that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

You either didnt watch the two games or you are an analyst of RTE standard ;) Celtic completely dominated over the two legs and a 4-1 agg scoreline wouldnt have flattered them tbh

You need a bit of luck in every game that you play

Celtic have got the rub of the green ..i am sure you will point out numerous times when they had some bad luck ..

Celtic deserve their place in Europe no doubt about about that .a bit of luck does do any team any harm ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

You need a bit of luck in every game that you play

Celtic have got the rub of the green ..i am sure you will point out numerous times when they had some bad luck ..

Celtic deserve their place in Europe no doubt about about that .a bit of luck does do any team any harm ;)

What luck exactly are we talkin about here, gettin drawn against one of the favourites for the competition in a qualifier? Seems to me they have been desperately unlucky :confused:

What luck exactly are we talkin about here, gettin drawn against one of the favourites for the competition in a qualifier? Seems to me they have been desperately unlucky :confused:

Maybe this IS the time to be drawn against the favourites ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

This thread has decended into a bickering session.

Feck all talk about the match which is only a few hours away.

Can't wait, come on you gooners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I would be happy to see Arsenal take a score draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I'd love it if Celtic beat them. LOVE IT!
    Hopefully arsenal go in over confident after the everton game and celtic catch them with their pants down

• Advertisement

Any news on fab?

Nothing yet. Hopefully he'll be ok. Less than 3 hours to go now. Sporting are playing Fiorentina as well tonight. Come on the Viola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

According to PhysioRooms the only injured palyer down from the weekend is Denilson, so hopefully Cesc will be playing tonight. I'd have to agree with Mossy on the result of this match, I'd take a score draw. Can't see more then one goal separating the winner's in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Trawling the net, can't find any injury news!

Quint wrote: »
    I'd love it if Celtic beat them. LOVE IT!
    Hopefully arsenal go in over confident after the everton game and celtic catch them with their pants down

If that's your best hope of beating them, then you've no hope. Shouldn't you be concentrating on the strengths of your players and the part the crowd will have to play.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I would be happy to see Arsenal take a score draw.

I think that's pretty likely tbh and it would basically end Celtic's chances of qualifying. I'm going to go for a cheeky 2-1 Celtic win though. ;)

To have any chance of qualifying though, I think we'd need to play out of our skins over the 2 legs, hope Arsenal slip up and have a bit of luck thrown in. We'd need a couple of goals at least and a clean sheet tonight at Parkhead to have any chance of qualifying imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If both teams play to their full capabilities, then Celtic will lose , by a couple of goals , but this will probably not happen. I think Celtic will be doing well to get a draw though and if I had to put a bet on, 2-1 to Arsenal would be it. Should be a cracker of an atmosphere but there is no reason why this would put Arsenal off their game. They play in front of 60,000 every other week, 75,000 at Old Trafford etc. Everton usually create a great atmosphere, but at the weekend it was awful, then again it was a fluke result, wasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

What ever about people getting over confident do you really think Arsene wenger of all people would let his team get so over confident.

Arsenal confirmed line up

Almunia
    Sagna
    Gallas----Vermaelen
    Clichy
    Song Billong

Fabregas
    Denilson
    --van Persie
    Bendtner
    Arshavin--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'd be happy with an away goal and a draw to be honest.

It's a tough one to call as obviously Parkhead on a CL night is a very difficult place to go, but on the other hand the way Mowbray has them playing is more inclined to play into Arsenal's hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

greendom wrote: »
    If that's your best hope of beating them, then you've no hope. Shouldn't you be concentrating on the strengths of your players and the part the crowd will have to play.

It's happened to many a team. BTW, i'm not a Celtic supporter, less of the "we":D

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Arsenal confirmed line up

Almunia
    Sagna
    Gallas----Vermaelen
    Clichy
    Song Billong

Fabregas
    Denilson
    --van Persie
    Bendtner
    Arshavin--

Same team and formation as the Everton game. Celtic should be very worried. I predict a riot.

Same team and formation as the Everton game. Celtic should be very worried. I predict a riot.
    :pac: Delighted Fab is fit, nearly here,
    Come On The Gunners!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

€10 on Arsenal -2 @7/1 for the laugh.

Celtic:
    Boruc,

Hinkel, Caldwell, Loovens, Fox,

Donati, N'Guemo, McGeady, Brown, Maloney,

Samaras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

This is going to be a cracking match, hopefully Celtic with the fans behind them will go for it, but Arsenal are far too strong for them. Van Persie, Arshavin and Fabregas will just pick them apart, and I fully expect Arsenal to win this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Same team that beat Everton. I can see a mauling here, but hopefully not. Good result if Celtic are still in come the Emirates game.

On paper you can't look past Arsenal to win this - but you never know. Celtic and the home crowd will be well up for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

going for a draw

ill stick my neck out and say 1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

RasTa wrote: »
    €10 on Arsenal -2 @7/1 for the laugh.

Great bet imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Strange Celtic team as far as I am concerned, the majority of Celtic's transfer budget has been spent on Marco Fortuné at 3.8m yet he can't get in team for biggest game of the season so far? Very odd..... Not sure what it says about him..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Very happy with the Celtic team but Arsenal more than exceded my high expectations of them on Saturday. Surprised that the new player Fox is straight in the team for this game. Brown, McGeady and Maloney are safe but N'Guemo, Donati and Samaras are risky passers. Celtic will have a lot of defending to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Heart says Celtic, head says Arsenal. 2 nil to the gooners....

Celtic making Arsenal rush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Good passing move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

That link up play was sweet. Dare I even say sexy. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Celtic doing a great job so far

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Any streams?

EDIT: Ah, TV3. nvmd :p

What a break!!..Well done Mcgeady to get back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

vermaelen...awesome.

• Advertisement
Advertisement