Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic V Arsenal FC 1st Leg - Parkhead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

that Vermaelen is a class act

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Well done Vermahlen for getting back. Really like the look of him in his first few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Sexy defending from Vermaelen there a minute or two ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I really hope Wilkshire doesn't get a run tonight. The way things are going he'll get broke up. He's a bit light at the moment for a game with tackles like this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Vermaelen is a beast!!!!
    Wenger really has brought in a gem here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Have to love Lawerenson saying there's onlt been 1 Bendtner jersey scored!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Celtic were opened up there... Vermaelen looks some player...Caldwell going a bit far there :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Despite very little actually happening in the game it has been entertaining. Great atmosphere in the ground as always.

Agreed on Vermaelen, early signs look promising.

When is the card gonna come out against a Celtic player. Some of their play has to be described as dirty at best. They really are looking like they are strugglin to come to terms with some of Arsenal's play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

celtic playing abit dirty :D

edit: goaal :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Balls.

does fab get that goal

please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Harsh

Why was Cauldwell mouthing off to Fabregas, when it was quite clearly a foul and he got up straight away!!!

And now Justice GALLAS!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

How lucky was that goal :D

Gunners haven't gotten out of the traps yet.
    Could be a mental second half if both teams take it up a gear!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Why was Cauldwell mouthing off to Fabregas, when it was quite clearly a foul and he got up straight away!!!

I liked how Fabregas didn't acknowledge him. Fortuitous goal but I'll take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Very impressed with the workrate of N'Guemo. Could be a good player this season.

Gutted by the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

cant believe gallas celebrated that as if he rounded two defenders and chipped the keeper. ffs just celebrate with the team for that kind of lucky goal!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

angel01 wrote: »
    How lucky was that goal :D

quite lucky indeed... maybe Celtic will stop those crappy fouls in their own half, we scored 2 goals from set pieces at the weekend, its dangerous just giving them to us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Lucky goal, but a fully deserved lead for Arsenal, I'm very disappointed with Celtic, haven't gone for it all. Would expect a couple more goals for Arsenal in the second half unless Celtic get an early equalizer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

0-0 would have been a very fair half time score. Really disappointed with that goal. Brilliant move by Celtic leading up to Brown's shot.

Wreck wrote: »
    Lucky goal, but a fully deserved lead for Arsenal, I'm very disappointed with Celtic, haven't gone for it all. Would expect a couple more goals for Arsenal in the second half unless Celtic get an early equalizer.
    Both teams created equally good chances in that half...

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Arsenal have been better and deserve the lead.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

If Celtic don't score in the second half their gone IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Wreck wrote: »

You're watching a different game to me.

Arsenal have more of the ball but not creating yet score a fluky goal.

Celtic had the 2 best chances of the match, one of which could have been a peno.

Not at all a deserved lead, a very very lucky one.

Good point by Hoddle. Normally Arsenal players have 2 or 3 options when they have the ball. Celtic have cut that down to 0 or 1. Brilliant energy from the Celtic team and as I said Arsenal won't have had to play at such a high tempo in months.

but arsenal have been playing much better...

Ah go away out of that you have to create chances to deserve a lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

It has been a good competitive game so far. Celtic were unlucky to concede and will need to score at least one to make the away leg less tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Nah it's been a very tight first half so I wouldn't really go along with that. Goal was lucky but I'm just glad to have it.

Now hopefully the game will open up a bit for and we can get Jacky boy on for a bit!:D (crap that Eduardo is injured though)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Celtic had the 2 best chances of the match, one of which could have been a peno.

Sour grapes :rolleyes:.

lol.

Where was the peno. We were disallowed a goal for an offside, that was off but not by that much. Celtic are only interested in getting the ball out of their half and don't seem interested in what happens after that. Arsenal have by far been the better side, so maybe take off the green tinted glasses and you might actually be able to see the game for what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

adamski8 wrote: »
    cant believe gallas celebrated that as if he rounded two defenders and chipped the keeper. ffs just celebrate with the team for that kind of lucky goal!!!!

His team got what could be a very vital goal. Would you rather he walked back to his position for the kick off? Lucky goal or screamer, who cares?

It was coming, Celtic look too pre-occupied cutting off Arsenal than to be able to complete a decent through ball/pass.
    Celtic won't get any goals playing like that, but if they push for it, they run the risk of losing this tie here.
    That's how i see it.

well its not surprising if im guessing correctly that yr a celtic supporter. its a deserved lead and i dont like both teams

can someone help me out

imagine if gallas wasnt there was fab's shot on goal on target or going in ?

Quazzie wrote: »
    lol.

Where was the peno. We were disallowed a goal for an offside, that was off but not by that much. Celtic are only interested in getting the ball out of their half and don't seem interested in what happens after that.
    That's just a load of rubbish.

Jesus for someone like myself that likes Arsenal some of your fans on here would turn me against them.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    His team got what could be a very vital goal. Would you rather he walked back to his position for the kick off? Lucky goal or screamer, who cares?
    No didnt i say celebrate with his TEAM. he ran off by himself like it was all due to him. you often see players scoring a lucky goal and just embrace their team mates and have a lucky/cheeky smile on them but not "im brilliant did you see my great goal" kinda way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

****ing close for Denilson.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    can someone help me out

Would've probably been saved tbh. Borus looked like he was getting behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Headshot wrote: »
    can someone help me out

It would have been easily saved I think.

Good point by Hoddle. Normally Arsenal players have 2 or 3 options when they have the ball. Celtic have cut that down to 0 or 1. Brilliant energy from the Celtic team and as I said Arsenal won't have had to play at such a high tempo in months.
    good point alright, doesnt change the fact arsenal have been playing better, celtic certainly were doing a good job at the back to prevent lots of goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

that looked a pen tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Thought it was too, he leaned into it. There was also a Celtic player lurking behind.

Just turned TV3 on for the 2nd half after the 1st on Sky. 7 minutes listening to Lawrenson I can now understand some of the posts in this thread.
    good point alright, doesnt change the fact arsenal have been playing better,
    Arsenal are a top 5 team in the world imo. No surprise that they're better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

They look awesome coming forward.

Does the loser here go into the UEFA Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Celtic did alright in the first half imo. Weren't too shabby in possession except for Donnati. Just need to try and calm things down now.

Donnati off now it looks, thank fook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Quazzie wrote: »
    lol.

Where was the peno. We were disallowed a goal for an offside, that was off but not by that much. Celtic are only interested in getting the ball out of their half and don't seem interested in what happens after that. Arsenal have by far been the better side, so maybe take off the green tinted glasses and you might actually be able to see the game for what it is.

Lovely.

You're moaning about an offside goal but admit it was offside???

Now deal with the points I made (and tell me where they're wrong) if you think my green tinted glasses are clouding my view.

Will we mention the handball?

For the record I think Arsenal are an awesome team and dominated the start of the second half.

• Advertisement

Yellow card.
    Cauldwell mouthing again.:)

Advertisement