Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic V Arsenal FC 1st Leg - Parkhead

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Celtic Team Statistics Arsenal
    0 Goals 2
    0 1st Half Goals 1
    1 Shots on Target 4
    1 Shots off Target 4
    0 Blocked Shots 2
    3 Corners 2
    16 Fouls 9
    3 Offsides 3
    3 Yellow Cards 1
    0 Red Cards 0
    76.7 Passing Success 79.1
    30 Tackles 27
    73.3 Tackles Success 85.2
    45.8 Possession 54.2
    47.1 Territorial Advantage 52.9

Shock horror, where it matters the most these stats from skysports are all in favour of Arsenal!!!

For any Celtic fan to think they deserved a draw from the game is quite sad tbh. Arsenal didnt perform to their best regards creating chances but we done what we needed to do away from home, score and win.

Job done imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm surprised at Celtic's high passing success rate but when I think of it it was only really Donati and the defenders that were giving it away.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

First British team to win at Parkhead in the Champions League!

How anyone can say Celtic deserved anything from the game is strange.
    One weak shot on target at home is very poor.

Mowbray didnt exactly go for it either playing 451 at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Yes,their passing success was quite high.
    But they gave it away needlessly after that, all though it's hard to keep the ball when Arsenal do their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Ask yourself...

"Over to the Scottish Champions now to restore some pride for Scottish football in CL"

Rangers kept the ball in the corner of the Nou Camp pitch when they were losing. Says it all.

Messi called Rangers an anti-football team. Celtic weren't anti-football last night, just outclassed.

Eirebhoy, I fundamentally disagree. The difference between being outclassed and playing anti-football is a fine line. Celtic's game plan was to sit back and contain Arsenal which they did successfully and ultimately it took a large slice of luck to be finally broken down. They didn't commit men forward at home which I believe is unacceptable to the Celtic fans. You can dress it up any way you want, but the stats dont lie. Celtic did not commit enough men to attack last night. This was the most disappointing thing for me, when the won the ball back they generally wasted it and there were very few options for the man in possession of the ball. Not one Celtic fan has addressed this most important point, how was a 3.8m player left on the bench last night? Its mindboggling.

DB10 wrote: »
    First British team to win at Parkhead in the Champions League!

How anyone can say Celtic deserved anything from the game is strange.
    One weak shot on target at home is very poor.

Mowbray's team selection is the point that I have made repeatedly and the most disappointing aspect of last night's game....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

If Celtic had gone for the win last night, they knew what would happen.
    Everton at the weekend.......
    They knew it would be tough and they went in with the right frame of mind TBH, try and stop Arsenal from playing and keep the goals to a minimum and wait for the return leg.
    Most disadvantaged teams would do the same thing.
    Yes it didn't work, but if it ended 0-0 or 1-0 to Celtic:), the Celtic fans wouldn't be complaining about the managers tactics.
    Blame the players not the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Brewster wrote: »
    Eirebhoy, I fundamentally disagree. The difference between being outclassed and playing anti-football is a fine line. Celtic's game plan was to sit back and contain Arsenal which they did successfully and ultimately it took a large slice of luck to be finally broken down. They didn't commit men forward at home which I believe is unacceptable to the Celtic fans. You can dress it up any way you want, but the stats dont lie. Celtic did not commit enough men to attack last night. This was the most disappointing thing for me, when the won the ball back they generally wasted it and there were very few options for the man in possession of the ball. Not one Celtic fan has addressed this most important point, how was a 3.8m player left on the bench last night? Its mindboggling.

What is your obsession with Fortune, have you seen him play he's average at best and I was delighted he wasnt playing tbh, he is third choice behind McDonald and Samaras, from what I can see of him he's a striker that doesnt score goals :(

Still i guess if I was a rangers fan with financial ruin imminent it would irk me also that your biggest rivals have spent 3.8m on a squad player :P

What is your obsession with Fortune, have you seen him play he's average at best and I was delighted he wasnt playing tbh, he is third choice behind McDonald and Samaras, from what I can see of him he's a striker that doesnt score goals :(

Still i guess if I was a rangers fan with financial ruin imminent it would irk me also that your biggest rivals have spent 3.8m on a squad player :P

Interesting, very surprised to hear this. Celtic have only played two competitive games and you have the knives out already? Give the guy a chance in fairness. You cant make a judgement on a player after a couple of games, all players take time to settle in. I would doubt your correct in your assertions that he is a squad player, Mowbray bought him to be a first team player. No question about it. Im sure in time he will prove this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Brewster wrote: »
    Interesting, very surprised to hear this. Celtic have only played two competitive games and you have the knives out already? Give the guy a chance in fairness. You cant make a judgement on a player after a couple of games, all players take time to settle in. I would doubt your correct in your assertions that he is a squad player, Mowbray bought him to be a first team player. No question about it. Im sure in time he will prove this.

Celtic have played four competitive games but whos counting hey ;) He also played in the premiership last year and looked very ordinary anytime I seen him there aswell all be it as part of a struggling team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

Celtic put up a good fight last night with a 0-0 plan in their mind.Arsenal were not impressive last night and its a shame they came out of Parkhead WITH TWO MANKY GOALS!!Celtic should have brought on Fortune earlier to try and create some chances.A 1-1 might have given us a chance 2nd leg but a 2-0 loss is devestating.It will take a miricle to turn this tie around,looks like we are destined for Europa League this year.But its not over till its over and mighty Celtic will come out all guns blazing next week!
    KEEP THE FAITH!
    CELTIC YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    Celtic put up a good fight last night with a 0-0 plan in their mind.Arsenal were not impressive last night and its a shame they came out of Parkhead WITH TWO MANKY GOALS!!Celtic should have brought on Fortune earlier to try and create some chances.A 1-1 might have given us a chance 2nd leg but a 2-0 loss is devestating.It will take a miricle to turn this tie around,looks like we are destined for Europa League this year.But its not over till its over and mighty Celtic will come out all guns blazing next week!
    KEEP THE FAITH!
    CELTIC YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!

mufc4life?? yet you say you'll never walk alone. :confused:

Anyways, Celtic weren't ever going to get through this tie, Europa League is their level, they should go on a good run in that, you'd expect the last 16 at least.

SantryRed wrote: »
    mufc4life?? yet you say you'll never walk alone. :confused:

Anyways, Celtic weren't ever going to get through this tie, Europa League is their level, they should go on a good run in that, you'd expect the last 16 at least.
    Whats the problem?Ive been a man u fan since the age of nine and celtic have always been close to my heart,I have always followed them also.Yes I said youll never walk alone as in all the celtic supporters including myself are still fully behind the celtic team and they wont be alone.Now whats the confusion about that?????:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Whats the problem?Ive been a man u fan since the age of nine and celtic have always been close to my heart,I have always followed them also.Yes I said youll never walk alone as in all the celtic supporters including myself are still fully behind the celtic team and they wont be alone.Now whats the confusion about that?????:mad::mad::mad:

I wont even bother

Headshot wrote: »
    I wont even bother
    NO DO BIG MAN,DO!!!Look at you with your 13 and a half thousand posts...:eek::eek: and you wont even say what you think hahaha what a loser!:mad:I dont understand why im getting abuse cause im a manchester utd and celtic fan!!Many people support 2 or 3 teams be it cause there from that location,there father or someone supports them or they just like the team.Headshot your just a tosser,id love to read all your posts but im afraid I have a life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

This whole thread is hilarious. So many living, breathing, stereotypes.

NO DO BIG MAN,DO!!!Look at you with your 13 and a half thousand posts...:eek::eek: and you wont even say what you think hahaha what a loser!:mad:I dont understand why im getting abuse cause im a manchester utd and celtic fan!!Many people support 2 or 3 teams be it cause there from that location,there father or someone supports them or they just like the team.Headshot your just a tosser,id love to read all your posts but im afraid I have a life!

Rolling on the floor laughing........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

DB10 wrote: »
    4-5-1 can be a lot more attacking then 4-4-2 and I'd absolutely love to see Celtic stick with that formation.

Advertisement