Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bin bargain?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this as been already addresed...

Which of the bin service providers would people generally consider to be the best?

How many providers are there even available? County council, Panda, Greenstar... any others...?

As far as I currently know Panda is the cheapest... but quality of service may be another matter...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

where you posting from op?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP, let me know where you're located and I'll be able to move your question to a more suited forum.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Depends on your area,
    I personally don't pay any monthly bin charges, instead I sort recycled material myself and get rid of it to a depot every 8 weeks.

I have one bag of actual rubbish every 6 weeks and I have a green cone for meet and veg, so overall it costs me about 15e every two months to do all this.

Much bigger saving over 25e a month set fee for wheelie bins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

City bin co are very good value but they have a limited route in dublin.

6 euro per black bin. green bin free. no admin charges.

They are way cheaper than Fingal co co which used to collect my rubbish - I dont understand why more people aren't switching to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

City bin co are very good value but they have a limited route in dublin.

6 euro per black bin. green bin free. no admin charges.

They are way cheaper than Fingal co co which used to collect my rubbish - I dont understand why more people aren't switching to them.

Have you a website or number for them?

I am in south county dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

If you are in the Dun Laoighre Rathdown area, Panda collect at a good price. I'm in Stillorgan and they have free green bin collection every 2 weeks (including glass) and charge €3.20 per black bin collection + €0.20 per kg so for a bin with 4kgs of waste, €4 per pickup.

http://www.panda.ie/household/dun_laoghaire_rathdown_waste_management_prices.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Dublin County South

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Panda definitly.

I've only paid 36 a quarter on average for last 3 quarters.

put black bin out once every 3/4 weeks and they take glass in the green one which is a major benefit over the CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

panda, greenstar etc may be cheaper than the council, but not necessarily the best choice

with the council you can pretty much pay as much or a little as you want at your own leisure once you pay some nominal amount every so often, they're too busy dealing with those who point-blank refuse to pay anything

with a private company, if you don't pay promptly they'd be on to you alot quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

panda, greenstar etc may be cheaper than the council, but not necessarily the best choice

with the council you can pretty much pay as much or a little as you want at your own leisure once you pay some nominal amount every so often, they're too busy dealing with those who point-blank refuse to pay anything

with a private company, if you don't pay promptly they'd be on to you alot quicker

Well I'm assuming that the OP is actually a decent person who will pay his bills regardless and not some free loader trying to just dump his waste on the council.

Apologies if that too much to ask.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

Have you a website or number for them?

I am in south county dublin

http://www.citybin.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Well I'm assuming that the OP is actually a decent person who will pay his bills regardless and not some free loader trying to just dump his waste on the council.

Apologies if that too much to ask.:rolleyes:

:D

I have heard that the council service is going private due to financial losses...

Although I was previously worried that Panda was undercharging and would go under [like Smart Telecom] or hike their prices coupled with rigorous contracts, my misgivings don't seem to have been realised. To be fair to the council, they provide a good service, but, you know, every penny counts...

Advertisement