Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago

Options
  • 18-08-2009 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Chicago is hitting the Gaeity :)
    End of sept!can't wait

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dr shami

me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'm saving my money for Cabaret!! Chicago is not a favourite show of mine and this particular cast have been slated on the tour. No thanks!

My girlfriend was on about going to this when she moves up to Dublin. Can't say I'll be joining her at it, while the film was tolerable I've never been a fan and after hearing some of the songs by the cast I can't say I'm impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Didn't enjoy the film myself but I'm not sure if that was just annoying casting. I'm not a big fan of the music and if that teeny clip on the radio ad is anything to go by i'll be avoiding it!

Don't like the Gaeity as a venue anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Tickets are nearly sold out - it's only here for about 10 days and no Sunday performances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

To be fair the stage show is an awful lot better than the movie. It's a show that's designed specifically for stage so alot of the scenes didn't translate well onto the big screen. I saw it in the West end and loved it. It was totally different and just so much better. Shan't be going to see this production though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

My Mum bought tickets for my Dad to see Chicago as a birthday present. They only found out last night that it was for Chicago the Musical, not the band. God, I laughed so hard. I think they're going to go anyway, for the laugh. They're in the front row :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mylove

I loved the film and saw it on broadway twice.. I can't resist seeing it
    at the Gaeity..

Is this sold out yet? My girlfriend is moving up for college next week and I thought it would be nice to get her tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Saw Chicago on Thursday night. Personally I didn't like the film, so was a bit sceptical about seeing the musical. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it! The orchestra/band were fantastic and the leads were great too. The Gaiety was actually a nice venue for it, I didnt really think that it would be before I went. A very good production of the show, west-end quality I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 paulclesham

Anybody going? Or has anybody been there? Im going on Friday..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 paulclesham

Thanks for all yer replies, im going tomorrow.. hope i'l enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭wantacookie

i was at it on the 16th! they put on a great preformance! it worked great with the band being on the stage!

for such a small cast it was pulled off really well and the songs were sung with style! gotta say the gaiety stage worked well with it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Saw it in London in February this year, a snorefest as far as I am concerned never liked the show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mrgreen70

lucky...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Ooh I'd love to see it!

Whe I was at secondry school my choir class learned Cell Block Tango and I had one of the speaking parts! I did the Lipschitz part.

I've loved Chicago ever since then!

Advertisement