Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

college orchard question

Options
  • 18-08-2009 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi i have just moved into a house in college orchard and just wondering if anyone knows if there is free cable tv in these houses, i have a sattelite dish on roof that either landlord or previous tenants put up and there is cable ruining into my sitting room but when i plugged it in to my tv nothing happened so not sure what it is now??

Also a few of the other houses have the same dish? anyone have any idea? tried getting in touch with landlord to ask but havent been able to contact him so just thought i'd try here.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

hey

Get a free Free to air reciver, cost abou 70 and check it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

keelan08 wrote: »
    Hi i have just moved into a house in college orchard and just wondering if anyone knows if there is free cable tv in these houses, i have a sattelite dish on roof that either landlord or previous tenants put up and there is cable ruining into my sitting room but when i plugged it in to my tv nothing happened so not sure what it is now??

Also a few of the other houses have the same dish? anyone have any idea? tried getting in touch with landlord to ask but havent been able to contact him so just thought i'd try here.

you mention free "cable tv"

a satellite dish

and plugging straight into your tv

its a bit jumbled:confused:

1. is it a dish or an aerial on the roof

an aerial means you can plug cable into your tv and should pick up irish stations

a dish means you will need some sort of reciever box as mentioned above

2. cable tv does not need any dish or aerial

Advertisement