Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travellers at Work agency- worth joining?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

So Im in the far north, and the flooding earlier this year has meant the harvest has been slowed down somewhat. Its generally expected to be hopping by mid September but thats near on a full month of sitting on my arse, so I could do with something to keep me busy (Cairns and the surrounding areas Ive visited have failed to materialise into the birds and all night beach partys I imagined, being frank its quiet as fook here compared to Sydney, full of cheesey Copper Face Jacks like nightclubs and with fcuk all to do during the day. Cant wait to get back to Sydney but wouldnt mind at least partially recouping my losses). There is an agency called Travellers at Work, it does however have a joining fee, what Im after is if any of you have experience on whether it is worth it? Did you tend to find work quickly through them? I just need something to tide me over for 3 odd weeks really, dont think theres much labouring around these parts so my previous experience would be office work and working in a takeaway way back when.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

Wait a sec i think your mixed up with this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

xp90 wrote: »
    Wait a sec i think your mixed up with this:

I was living for a few days above a rural nightclub where this got blasted ad nauseaum :D Home or the Chinese Laundry it certainly wasnt (the utter redundancy of the RSA laws in this part of the country compared to Sydney is pretty eye opening and all)

Any opinions on TAW though?

Advertisement