Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browsing habits

• 18-08-2009 6:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

Just curious as to people's browsing habits ... I do most of my browsing on the move so the old PC doesn't get much of a look in.

For mobile devices I'd say it's 80/20 on Nokia 5800/iPod Touch respectively.

I do most of my browsing on my 16 votes

iPhone/iPod Touch
    0%
    Nokia S60
    6%
    Tom Dunne 1 vote
    Blackberry/Other Mobile device
    81%
    ct5amr2ig1nfhpCyruslong_bObskureSam Vimeschavezychavezgcgirlstreckerdrunkmonkeydeep1Fresh PotsKenny PowersBoxfresh 13 votes
    Laptop/PC
    12%
    paconnorshelimachoptor 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I do a lot of browsing on my nokia 5800. Although, since updating to the latest firmware it's become a right pain, with the browser crashing all the time. But it will never be my primary "fix"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Nokia S60
    Primarily on the the train, I use the iPhone. But since work gave me a 3G dongle for the laptop, I tend to use that more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Browsing the web on any mobile device is just such a pain. I'll admit that large touchscreens and 3G/Wi-Fi have made it an easier experence but it will never come close to surfing the web on a PC/Laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

The poll should reflect different screen sizes and resolutions. Just differentiating between iphone/s60 etc isnt really illustrative or useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Always on mobile, N97 and opera Mini. just great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Mostly on e71 - I'm on 'the road' a lot and so used to mobile browsing that even sitting at my desk w/pc I often use the phone LOL The iPhone's browser is too clumsy and slow, and as a dedicated smoker I hare that you really can't surf one-handed! Gimme a proper zoom button! That pinching nakes me look like my gran fishing pennies from a closed purse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Mostly my laptop. Phone is a painful experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

flodis79 wrote: »
    The poll should reflect different screen sizes and resolutions. Just differentiating between iphone/s60 etc isnt really illustrative or useful.

It's the fanboy in me :-)

Opera Mini kind of negates the resolution issue for me anyways.

Feel free to start another more worthy poll if you like.

Just make sure you have biscuits in for the guests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

While I love handsets and gadgets in general, I'm not a big fan of mobile browsing; I simply can't get used to how small everything is displayed in comparison to a desktop/laptop. I know there has to be some trade-offs in mobile browsing, and I've used PDAs, mobile phones, with and without large screens, and even a PSP over the years, but I simply prefer browsing the Internet on a computer with a large screen compared with any handheld device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Opera mini is the best thing since sliced bread. I use it on my N95 8gb and it's fantastic, I just leave the app running all day on my phone. I just ordered the N97 last night so I can't wait to see how it runs on the big touchscreen.

Advertisement