Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doing a joint major (25 credits) but...

Options
  • 18-08-2009 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

the registration page is telling me to pick two option history modules, which would bring my credits up to 30?:confused: should I take up another one or just leave it? any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Are you going into stage 3 History by any chance?

I'm having the same problem, its saying that I haven't taken his 20130 last year :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mc1990

yeah I am! don't know what to do :confused:

its saying I never did that module either....

There's a few of us having this problem from what I've gathered on msn, we think the problem lies with one of the lecturers on the course losing some essays last year and having problems uploading them onto the blackboard system.

For the moment we're all just registering for 25 credits, i.e. the 4 cores and the 1 option.

I'm feeling tempted to ring them up but from the number of people who seem to have this problem I'd say I'd be on hold for a while.

yeah all my friends that do history as well are having the same problem... and yes you probably would be on hold for a long time :P
    think that's what it must be, will leave just register for the 25 credits and check back later, thanks for your help!:)

No worries :D

Also looks like i get to do 4 electives this year too having done 30 credits in both my majors last year:D

Edit: I presume nobody will be answering any phones till after half 9 this morning, is that right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Having similar problem here myself, and so is another friend. The good old registration system:rolleyes:

Is it the same course Mushy?

Without naming any names I think we all know who's **** up this is :rolleyes:

Yeah, it is. Good old history. Have now selected the 4 core, and 2 options, and still says I've to pick more. Gonna drop one option, otherwise I'm left short on electives, which means registration wouldn't be fully right.

Are everybody else's other major working out alright?

Its telling me to pick 6 Politics modules now.

yeah I decided to leave it as 25 credits, don't wanna get stuck with paying for an extra module.... english worked out ok thank god, is politics a joint major for you pithater1?

• Advertisement

pithater1 wrote: »
    Are everybody else's other major working out alright?

Its telling me to pick 6 Politics modules now.

My Sociology ones seems to be ok.

I've back-tracked slightly. It says for history to pick 2 options, so have done that. Means I'm registered for 55 creds so far. If I've done something wrong, well, they can fix it, cos I followed what it said on the pages "that would make it easier":rolleyes:

Mushy wrote: »
    I've back-tracked slightly. It says for history to pick 2 options, so have done that. Means I'm registered for 55 creds so far. If I've done something wrong, well, they can fix it, cos I followed what it said on the pages "that would make it easier":rolleyes:

I was thinking about doing that too at first, now that someone else has done it its tempting me to do the same :(

mc1990 wrote: »
    yeah I decided to leave it as 25 credits, don't wanna get stuck with paying for an extra module.... english worked out ok thank god, is politics a joint major for you pithater1?

Yeah thats the one
    My Sociology ones seems to be ok.

Yeah I've just left it at the 40 credits for the year now. It says on the right that I did 60 of my required cores last year and have 20 credits worth of electives to do this year, so thats what I shall do.

when I look at my credit statement for stage 2 it says 'Registration Incomplete:10', I'm guessing that means I've ten elective credits yet to select? and then that would bring me up to 60 credits meaning only one option history module... knew something like this would happen to me :p

I think so.

It could also mean that you have still to pay up.:D

when I look at my credit statement for stage 2 it says 'Registration Incomplete:10', I'm guessing that means I've ten elective credits yet to select? and then that would bring me up to 60 credits meaning only one option history module... knew something like this would happen to me :p

Last year we did 4 core history, and then only 1 option. I dont think that has changed, bar that its telling us to pick 2 options, which means we'd be doing 30 out of 25 credits!!!

30 out of 25 credits!!!
    I know that's what I don't get, might email the history department? or would I be wasting my time :rolleyes:

I know that's what I don't get, might email the history department? or would I be wasting my time :rolleyes:

Think you might be better off ringing them tbh...

I think the history office opens at 10 these days

Think my mate might be going into them. Wonder will anything get sorted.

Think my mate might be going into them. Wonder will anything get sorted.

Doubt it knowing UCD but sure if you hear anything let us know.

• Advertisement

Will do, although I'm in work pretty much all day. Not sure will I be back on today. Will try me best though.

rang the student desk and got no answer, so resorted to asking them via the new facebook page they set up, explained that the system says I did not do one of last years's core modules even though I did, and asked would that be the problem. their reply was:

"If you successfully completed Stage 2 modules last year you only need to pick 1 option module. Make sure you read all the relevant information about registering to your modules this year at http://www.ucd.ie/acshs/registration09.html"

gonna leave it at 25 credits then like it should be

Advertisement