Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic insulation

Options
  • 18-08-2009 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I'm about to start insulating my attic before the cold weather.

B&Q are selling 2 for 1 on Knauf Space blankets @ €40 each - has anyone used these before?

Has anyone put the reflective foil behind their radiators and if so was it difficult and worth it?

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭40701085

FWIW - My plumber told me the reflective foils behind the rads were a waste of time, the modern radiators are convective so draw the air up the centre & heat it - v little heat escaping to the back & if you've drylined external walls then the slabbing is foil-backed anyway.icon14.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭irelandhouse

niall are you insulating in the rafters, joists ?

are you converting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

niall are you insulating in the rafters, joists ?

are you converting ?

Laying insulation between the joists on the attic floor - not converting.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BERmad

How much of an area does the quilt cover? what thickness is it? what is the thermal conductivity of it?
    For 2 rolls of fiberglass 150mm it is about €17 a roll. They cover 7m2 each and they have a thermal conductivity of 0.044 so that is something for you to compare your price on the attic insulation to.

Advertisement