Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scrapping a car

• 18-08-2009 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi all
    Looking for some advice.
    My girlfriend is looking to scrap her Polo, it's a 1.6L 1995 Fox. Rear-ended and is a write off. But I'm sure it would be fine for parts.
    Is there anywhere that would buy it off her, or even come collect it? (Insurance and tax expired).
    She's in Dublin 6 area.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

If the car went through insurance, the insurance company will have a contact person to buy the car of you as is.

If not, take a few pictures and ring a few local scrappers to see if they are interested in buying it for €200 collected and email them pics. A pic is worth a 1000 words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Hard to see that someone would pay 200e for that,

I sold a 99 year car with good bodywork but with lot of technical issues for less money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

the other insurance company should have taken care of that if they have declared it a write off for you.

Failing that, most Auto Breaker will take it off your hands for free provided you bring it to them, otherwise there usually is a collection fee generally around the €50 to €100 mark.

give your local autobreaker a shout and see ....

Advertisement