Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting DVD region 4 on Irl Laptop

Options
  • 18-08-2009 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Maybe best suited to the IT forum but I will initially post it here due to the specific geographical nature of my problem.

The GF changed my Irish Dell to suit region 1 so she could watch a Canadian copy of 24. I had it set up to view Irish and Oz DVDs......eh makes sense..:rolleyes:

Now as the conversion switch between regions that the LT can do has been exhausted Im stuck with an Irish and useless Canadian Region 1 set up.

Is any one familiar with a crack that will just open the damn thing up to all 3relevant regions or even just set it back the way that is useful.....??

Help greatly appreciated before she gets home and I have to be cranky at her ...:mad: Please save our future relationship :)

cheers
    DM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Beachband

As far I know you should be able to play any region dvd on any a laptop, as the laptops are usually region free.
    If not I'm sure there is a handy bit of software that you could find for free on the net that will allow you to do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Unless the Drive says multi-region, its not region free, as most are not

Right click on My Computer

Go to Properties

Click into the Hardware Tab

Open Device Manager

Expand the DVD/CD ROM DRIVES menu and right click on your laptop's Disk Drive, click on Properties

Click into the DVD Region tab and change from there

Instructions may differ slightly on Vista, but should be the same

You can only change it a certain amount of times

Better off using a program like this

Good luck

Advertisement