Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good SIP VoIP software for Nokia?

• 18-08-2009 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Anyone know of some good [free or commercial] sip clients that I can get for my Nokia 5800?

I'm not interested in the likes of Fring or Skype. I want to be able to sip register with my own PBX via WIFI.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Hmmmm, Nimbuzz might just do the trick. If there are any others, please feel free to post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Talkonaut works as well, and dtmf tones are supported as well.

flodis79 wrote: »
    Talkonaut works as well, and dtmf tones are supported as well.

Unfortunately, no it doesn't. It works like Fring and Skype. You have to connect to THEIR SIP Server. As I said, not interested in this type of software as I have my own IP PBX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

i am using sip.blueface.ie uri and it works fine on talkonaut. Or could you elaborate what you meant pls?

flodis79 wrote: »
    i am using sip.blueface.ie uri and it works fine on talkonaut. Or could you elaborate what you meant pls?

You have talkonaut configured to work with your Blueface account.
    Hmmm, that is sort of what I want. Talkonaut's website gives the impression that everything goes through their server.

Cheers, I'll try it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement