Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Change For Good" coming to Tesco Roxboro

Options
  • 18-08-2009 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Store closed sunday and monday coming and reopening Tuesday with what are ment to be cheaper prices!!!!
    Heres hoping!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Well they have been rearranging the place for the last week and a half and it is looking good . Having said that anything would be an improvement .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

how can they do this in only some stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Just wondering where you got the information that it would be closed for the two days ??

I was in there today and there was no signs or anything .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Is it not the case that they just told all of their Irish suppliers to fcuk off without warning some Monday and are now buying in cheap half-baked produce from the UK instead?

At the end of the day even if its cheaper its just going to be over-priced anyhow seeing as its low-quality British crap?

- I'd prefer to hand my money to Hans and Fritz in Lidl and Aldi!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

Raiser wrote: »
    Is it not the case that they just told all of their Irish suppliers to fcuk off without warning some Monday and are now buying in cheap half-baked produce from the UK instead?

At the end of the day even if its cheaper its just going to be over-priced anyhow seeing as its low-quality British crap?

- I'd prefer to hand my money to Hans and Fritz in Lidl and Aldi!!!

Agree totally. In my opinion I think Tesco's should be boycotted for what they are doing to suppliers. Just goes to show they have been ripping us off for years, when the pressure comes on they drastically reduce their prices...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

has anyone noticed the price of things have dropped but so has the quality 3 separate times i had to bring meat back for going off well before the date, i just bought a mince and when i opened it one half of was all hard and i found a hair in it and that was the healthy living one seems to me there cutting down on price all right at the cost of quality,,,,, oh ya and tesco across the country is closing on these days came across the speaker in store

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

MrFireBox wrote: »
    Agree totally. In my opinion I think Tesco's should be boycotted for what they are doing to suppliers. Just goes to show they have been ripping us off for years, when the pressure comes on they drastically reduce their prices...

In fairness lads, it would appear that they are only doing this in some stores in the country, which basically means the Roxboro one will be the cheap one in Limerick, It would appear that there's still the one in Arthurs Quay, The Crescent, Coonagh Cross, and the tesco express in Corbally which will be stocking the usual Irish brands, they're just introducing one cheap british store out of 5 available in the city. The problem i can see is that the Roxboro store will be a resounding success and they then decide to follow suit in the other stores.

While I do agree that they're treating Irish producers and suppliers unfairly, everybody's pockets are being hit by the recession, I think that people will be delighted to buy the cheaper stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

jonski wrote: »
    Just wondering where you got the information that it would be closed for the two days ??

I was in there today and there was no signs or anything .

Member of staff told me they werre
    By no means do I agree with stock being brought in from the UK but with the way things are for me at the mo I will be glad to pay a little less for my weekly shop

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tesco in Coonagh will also be closing for 2 days this weekend. Was informed by a member of staff there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

An File wrote: »
    Tesco in Coonagh will also be closing for 2 days this weekend. Was informed by a member of staff there yesterday.
    Plus its emblazened everywhere outside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Some stuff in the UK stores are realy cheap I can get 16 paracetamol for 15p

Whats the actual story with this, are they bringing in exclusively UK products or just some and dropping prices on stuff?

Tbh Tesco in Coonagh has looked a mess for weeks, hopefully they will have sorted the place out come tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was in Tesco Nenagh on Saturday and change for good happened there over a week ago.

What has changed? Not much.

More UK brands and no burgers(:confused:).

Lots of very British brands you would normally have never seen over here but still a large number of Irish brands. Were things cheaper?

YES. There were lots of lower prices and some very visible price reductions. If you have a problem buying UK items imported from the UK then you will spend a long time shopping.

KP are on the shelves which used to be bought through Robt Roberts in Tallaght but now they are being bought in directly from the UK. It would be hard to notice that without reading the small print on the back on the bag.

Its still Irish Pork, Mince, Chicken etc.

Tesco apparently sell the most Irish Potatos than anybody in the country and still nice and cheap.

If nobody told you they were doing Change for good you probably would not notice.

Oh yeah, clothing os € for £ which is handy. We bought lots of baby clothing for our upcoming nephew/niece.

Berty wrote: »
    I was in Tesco Nenagh on Saturday and change for good happened there over a week ago.

What has changed? Not much.

More UK brands and no burgers(:confused:).

Lots of very British brands you would normally have never seen over here but still a large number of Irish brands. Were things cheaper?

YES. There were lots of lower prices and some very visible price reductions. If you have a problem buying UK items imported from the UK then you will spend a long time shopping.

KP are on the shelves which used to be bought through Robt Roberts in Tallaght but now they are being bought in directly from the UK. It would be hard to notice that without reading the small print on the back on the bag.

Its still Irish Pork, Mince, Chicken etc.

Tesco apparently sell the most Irish Potatos than anybody in the country and still nice and cheap.

If nobody told you they were doing Change for good you probably would not notice.

Oh yeah, clothing os € for £ which is handy. We bought lots of baby clothing for our upcoming nephew/niece.
    Good post Berty, I thought you would be in the know.

I did notice last week before the change , I bought the same amount of food as I generally would in dunnes and it cost 10 euro less than usual which is cracking imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Tesco Crescent is closed also

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The Blonde One

As is Arthur's Quay..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Was anyone in there today for the re-opening in the Crescent? :eek:

- €50 says its Lidl and Aldi products repackaged in Union Jack plastic and marked up by 50%.

tesco_clubcard.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I really don't get what everyone is complaining about, they are going to be offering us cheaper products which is very much so needed at the moment, so yes their going to be having more products from British manufacturers and less from Irish, thats because the Irish ones have become far too expensive (like most things in this country) and inititatives like this well lead to them having to reduce their prices and do good for the economy as a whole.
    We should be thanking tesco and anyone who is saying that their new products aren't as good quality I'd like to see the proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

Well I was in Tesco in The Cresent and there is a mark down in their prices but they also still have many Irish prodcts in stock!

By the way I bought 4 cans of Boddingtons for hubbie which should have been E5.28 but when scanned I was charged E5.28 per can!

Went back to custome services to inform them and got an apology plus a full refund!!! Yes got my 4 cans free!
    Dam should ave originally bought a slab!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Was in there yesterday looks well and yes some cheaper products looks a bit like Aldi/Lidl products but will give it a go and see how the taste test goes if they taste good I dont care if they come from mars let alone UK

• Advertisement
Advertisement