Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunboyne Castle wedding rip off

Options
  • 18-08-2009 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

My friend is getting married in Dunboyne Castle on the 24th of September this year. The hotel said they would do a special rate for wedding party members reducing the fee from 165 to 150 a night. A saving of 15 euros is great you might think.

What the hotel actually did was put the price up from the normal 120 euros a night to 165!!

http://www.dunboynecastlehotel.com/

PS: The price drops back to normal after the wedding

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

There's a simple solution to this....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Well for 1 I would not think a saving of 10% is that great.

As for increasing the price, annoying yes but suprising, no, it is a supply and demand thing and when a wedding comes along they know people will pay the extra to avoid the 'inconvenience' of taxi transfers to a B&B or to be nearer to Bride and Groom. On other nights they need to incentivise people to stay with them.

I presume that a list of close by B&B's has also been supplied so there is an alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

thebiglad wrote: »
    Well for 1 I would not think a saving of 10% is that great.

As for increasing the price, annoying yes but suprising, no, it is a supply and demand thing and when a wedding comes along they know people will pay the extra to avoid the 'inconvenience' of taxi transfers to a B&B or to be nearer to Bride and Groom. On other nights they need to incentivise people to stay with them.

I presume that a list of close by B&B's has also been supplied so there is an alternative.

Its not a saving of 10% it's an increase of 36%, I booked the hotel room for 120 euros by going through www.alpharooms.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I had two similar experience recently. Friend is getting married and I decided to book a room but didn't mention that I was part of the wedding group. Was quoted €150. Rang later and said that I was part of the Wedding group and told €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Just dont do what i did there recently.

Booked a room for a wedding, booked a twin by mistake. Got charged 180 for 2 single beds!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Another hotel wanted 69 euro online and 120 (reduced from 180) through the wedding party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Book online. My mate's was there in June and we booked on line and got it way cheaper then direct from the hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Getting a wedding invitation is like getting a f*ckin invoice.

Dress for the missus... €xxx
    Dry Cleaning for the suit €x
    Hotel for the night €xx
    Booze for the night €xxx
    Present for the couple €xxx

That's a total of 12 x's.

People should elope more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Getting a wedding invitation is like getting a f*ckin invoice.
    Yeah. Invites should come in envelopes with little windows in them.

Advertisement