Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Rock bottled water - plastic taste

Options
  • 18-08-2009 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone noticed a ‘plastic’ taste from River Rock bottled water? I have just bought a second bottle, from a different shop, and it has a horrible plastic taste. I have poured some into a cup to see if it’s the cap but that isn’t the problem.

What could cause this to happen?

Cheers
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

is the plastic bottle PVC or PET? it should be written somewhere in teh bottle, usually at the bottom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Its PET

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

i have always thought it tasted plasticky :confused:

But this is really plasticy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

You could ring Down District Council and see if they have any issues with their water supply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

i bought a bottle about a week or so ago, I thought that it tasted very plastiky too.. so its not just you!
    its really putting me off buying RiverRock, but its often the only irish water bottle left in the shop (not that i buy bottled water often)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I find that river rock has a high sodium content.. and that is why it tastes funny, I usually go for evian or volvic... much nicer to drink.

I don't think Sodium would make it taste of plastic!

Advertisement