Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Slaney - Near town, Speed boat, public slipway

Options
  • 18-08-2009 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there are restrictions for speedboats on the Slaney near town?
    I know I've seen them near Ferrycarrig, just wondering about anywhere else.
    Also anyone know of a public slip where they can be launched?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Only ferrycarrig bridge afaik. Otherwise general boating rules apply (espicially on wednesday evenings/sunday mornings, theres sail racing in the boat club)

In terms of public slips, i think theres one in killurin somewhere!? Failing that you coujld always use the boat club one :cool: Actually, if the tide is in would that tiny one opp the riverbank hotel/opel garage do?!

There is one by Killurin bridge that is quite popular and is safe enough to park by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Is there not a slip on the Ferrybank side of the bridge, just beside the fishing trawlers?

That is private no?
    Is there not a padlocked gate leading to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

The slipway on the opposite bank to where the Oak Tavern was is still open. Very steep though, you would need a 4x4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

That is private no?
    Is there not a padlocked gate leading to it?

Dont think so. There is a barrier to stop high roofed vehicles going through, but you'd get a car and boat in no problem. Just go as if your going into the Riverbank carpark, and you'll see it. I've seen plenty of people launching boats there.

Ah I get you now, sorry, I was thinking about somewhere else.

Advertisement