Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a nice, swanky glamourous restaurant for a "hen".

Options
  • 18-08-2009 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

I'm getting married in September.

In all the rush neither myself or my girlfriend managed to sort a stag or hen.

Anyhoo, I'm gonna try and get something together for my bride to be within the next fortnight.

What I am looking for is a really nice restaurant, something a bit different than the usual Luigi Malones (which I do like).
    But I am looking for a swanky place where they can eat great grub, maybe a few cocktails.
    A glamourous spot, for some glamourous ladies pacman.gif
    Something special. etc etc etc.

Does anyone have any ideas on a nice restaurant, close to Dublin 2 & 4 would be ideal.
    One Pico gets great writes ups on menupages.ie
    http://www.menupages.ie/toprated/restaurants/one_pico_restaurant.aspx

But seems quite pricey, but this is the kind of thing I have in mind.

By the way ...it won't be a gang of drunk young ones with penis straws, "L" plates, fairy wings, cowboy hats etc etc.....It'll be a group of about 15 - 25, very chilled people too!! :)

Also I see Mcgrattans do a hen cocktails thing, where you make and design your own cocktail?
    Has anyone been or heard anything about it?
    http://www.mcgrattans.ie/Entertainment.htm

Thanks in advance Folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've eaten in Bang cafe on Merrion Row, superb food and the atmosphere was nice too.

http://www.bangrestaurant.com/deploy/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ilovelove

Bang is nice. Unicorn is fancy and the food is fab! Peploes is another classy spot, always have a great meal there. You could always push the booat out and hire a mini bus to drive them all down to the Ritz in Wicklow. Ive heard good things about it but never been myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

What about a lunch? And then cocktails afterwards, somewhere like Guildbauds, Thorntons etc? Then pop into the Shelbourne afterwards for bottles of processco :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Smiles08

Eatery 120 in Ranelagh is really good! Chilled out, good food and drinks. Lots of watering holes close by for afterwards!
    Also a late lunch in the Unicorn followed by cocktails in the Merrion Hotel would be fab! Lots of lovely places around that area. Bentley's is also nice and Peploe's (both on the Green) might also be worth checking out!! Wish I still lived in Dublin......sigh!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Koh Thai near the Jervis centre is fab. Very glam, lovely cocktail bar for before the meal, and if there aren't too many of the girls they can get a private round booth that is separated from everyone by a heavy curtain, it's so cool! And the food is delicious too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement