Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flash videos skipppin when watchin stuff.

Options
  • 18-08-2009 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

got a normal enough laptop.

but when I go to watch a videos in flash it skips like crazy can anything stop that downloaded the latest flash and still the same

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

is just the flash that skips or does the pages lag when you scroll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

the flash videos load no problem but when they play they skip like crazy like watchin it in slow motion,

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

try updating flash first

done that loads of time still the same. it plays youtube videos no problems. just flash videos that I load up. would it be the internet connection

any ideas lads ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

what are your specs? what programs are you running

noting really normal stuff ive shut down all the none important stuff.

its just when watchin flash stuff its like watchin it in slow motion

cable842 wrote: »
    noting really normal stuff ive shut down all the none important stuff.

its just when watchin flash stuff its like watchin it in slow motion
    If you want help we need information.

i dont know what you mean. I wanna watch flash video stuff. mainly a good bit of flash stuff skips. you tube stuff does not.

cable842 wrote: »
    i dont know what you mean.
    Right, and in order to understand what the problem is, we need to know a few things.

1) download and install Everest Free Edition hardware scanner. Up on the menus you should see a Report button. Get the Summary Only, in Plain Text. Copy the Summary Section of this page and post it in your next reply.

2) download and install Hijack This system scanner. Perform a System Scan and Logfile. Copy and Paste the Log File in your next reply.

I'd also like to know what Web Browser your running, and what version. Go to the browser Help Menu and find the About option to determine the version number.

• Advertisement

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 16:36:22, on 8/25/2009
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
    C:\Program Files\O2\O2 Broadband USB Modem\O2 Broadband.exe
    C:\Program Files\Flock\flock.exe
    C:\Program Files\MercuryText\jre\bin\javaw.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Chuck Norris\Desktop\hijackthis1991\HijackThis.exe

O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbars\Restrictions present
    O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbars\Restrictions present
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{AE28D910-45D1-4436-886E-FE62BAD50B63}: NameServer = 62.40.32.33 62.40.32.34
    O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{AE28D910-45D1-4436-886E-FE62BAD50B63}: NameServer = 62.40.32.33 62.40.32.34

whats the verdict doc brown

Your problem might be the Flock browser. Have you tried IE or Firefox? Chrome?

tried them all Im the happiest with flock. whats the problem ram, broadband speed ?

Advertisement